ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

teracopy: copy your files faster

<< < (26/28) > >>

KD7LRJ:
Why did you pick that one? (im asking from lack of knowledge, its not a trap :p)
-Gergith (January 16, 2009, 07:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, just SHA1. I used this because it was easily accessible in C# in .NET. It seems pretty quick (in my very limited testing). Since we aren't concerned about collisions (other files generating the same hash), I figured it would work. If there are other things that would work better, I wouldn't mind hearing about them...

You're right, I could compare before copying, but then if the files were different, it would be reading both files an extra time. I figured that the main goal was to make sure that the copy McTool did worked properly.

Gergith:
I understand what your saying, I'm just saying if it will stop/not copy if the destination already has the file wanting to be copied, you could allow a setting/switch make it test both anyways just to see if its the same

KD7LRJ:
I understand what your saying, I'm just saying if it will stop/not copy if the destination already has the file wanting to be copied, you could allow a setting/switch make it test both anyways just to see if its the same
-Gergith (January 16, 2009, 07:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's exactly how the date/time and file size compare options work now. How often are there files that you want to copy that have the exact same date/time and file sizes? In quite a few years, I have never needed this ability, but others might...anyone?

Gergith:
put it this way. I want it, and I would not mind if it required a switch/setting/etc, that allowed to hash check AFTER date/time and file size.

for instance modified or created date might change, but filesize and hash might be the same.

You don't have to add it, but this is my request :p

Thanks again

kartal:
Does anyone know how to make fastcopy to work in 32bit shell under 64bit Xp? When I register extension it shows up only under 64bit explorer shell.

FastCopy has been updated to version 1.55. Using it on my Flash drive now. :Thmbsup:

If I ever need to back up a huge amount of data on another machine again, it's good to know it's waiting there ready to go.
-Nighted (June 20, 2007, 01:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version