ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Rerun StartUp Folder

<< < (2/4) > >>

Kruskal:
I'm having a problem running ReRun.  First, I gather that it does not just rerun programs in the StartUp folders, but all programs shown in the MSConfig Startup tab.

ReRun terminates on an "Error: Failed attempt to launch program or document: Action: <rundll32 c:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILI~1\BatLogEx.DLL,StartBattLog> ".  "Specifically: The system cannot find the file specified."

Well, I can find the file specified, so I have no idea what's happening.  I can note that StartCop doesn't show this startup entry.

Help -- Vincent

steeladept:
Sounds like the path is not in your environment variables any more.  Look for the System Environment Variables Path to have an entry something like this:

C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\Progra~1\ThinkPad\UTILI~1\

There will likely be more.  Also note, each entry is separated by the semicolon ( ; ).  If these are not there, try adding them.

skrommel:
 :) Try ReRun v1.1!

Changes:
- 20070604 - v1.1: Added better detection of command lines.

This means that the startup commands no longer has to contain an extension, and it should be able to detect autostarted folders.

Skrommel

Kruskal:
Sounds like the path is not in your environment variables any more.  Look for the System Environment Variables Path to have an entry something like this:

C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\Progra~1\ThinkPad\UTILI~1\

There will likely be more.  Also note, each entry is separated by the semicolon ( ; ).  If these are not there, try adding them.
-steeladept (June 04, 2007, 12:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
I don't understand what environment variables has to do with it.  Please explain.  PATH is only needed to resolve programs which are not fully qualified, as I understand it.

Vincent

Kruskal:
:) Try ReRun v1.1!

Changes:
- 20070604 - v1.1: Added better detection of command lines.

This means that the startup commands no longer has to contain an extension, and it should be able to detect autostarted folders.

Skrommel
-skrommel (June 04, 2007, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
That fixed my problem.  Don't understand why from your description, but thanks so much.

Vincent

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version