ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Microsoft OneNote 2007

<< < (4/13) > >>

kiwi2b:
I'll just add a plug here for using OneNote on a Tablet PC.
I save heaps of internet pages and emails, send them to OneNote, then write (scrawl!) all over them to let me know in the future why I thought they were important. Then I can pick up where I left off. As my writing is searchable, I can even find where I left off.
Tablet PCs are pricey and I doubted if I would pay the premium again. Now I know I would.

s2h:
Great review, one thing, I've noticed a lot of people compare one note with evernote and was wondering if you had ever used evernote and why/how onenote is superior (if it is)

Cheers
-Grorgy (May 31, 2007, 07:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Never tried onenote but a bunch of us at work use Evernote all the time.  Such much in fact that we have all retired our daily work journals for it.  I like the fact that there is a pendrive version with auto-sync so I can take my notes with me even without my laptop.  The AIR feature is also cool so I can search for text in images.

Maybe I will give the onenote demo a try.

cnewtonne:
this is piece of art is truly impressive. I have test drove both 03 and 07. There is not entity on earth that can dedicate so much resources, brains, dollars, people on development as does this company. Not only they create the software itself, but they actually develop the tools that developed it and the OS that it runs on. I could never, however, fit my working style and efficiencies into ON. The whole theme of using sections, pages, and subpages is just too restricting for me. Also, the fact that it only integrates with the same company's products is not good for me. I may us one product made by this company, but this is no reason for them to ask for more.
Any way, seeing ON in action on MSLive was fun experience. Thanks for sharing.

urlwolf:
I use oneNote everyday, and love it.
However, I'm starting to get concerned about vendor lockin.
I used to have a big text file to scratch ideas, now I have a proprietary file format that makes me nervous.

justice:
You can print notebooks to PDFs with a free pdf printer and then read out the data in OpenOffice (edit: not possible) and convert them to any data you like, right? I've not tested that but it should be possible. or export to webpage and word documents.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version