ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Removed Areas > Delphi and C++ Builder

Something you should know about C++ Builder

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
Anyway, it would be easily implementable without need of an executable compressor/packer/bundler through use of a stub executable which has only system DLL dependencies. The stub executable could check for the presence of dependencies of the main executable, download and register if necessary, then pass control to the main executable.
--- End quote ---

that's a very nice idea too -- and would make a nice coding snack type program.  basically you want a tiny exe which can be configured with a list of pre-requisite requirements, along with accompanying web pages and info messages.  you run it and it checks the pre-requisite requirements, giving the user a report of what they are missing and where to get it and offering to open the web pages for them to download them.  if all requirements are found, it simply calls the true app.  very nice idea i may write this myself.

thunder7:
How much does it cost for say Delphi ? And how hard is it to learn?

f0dder:
If you just want Delphi, check out this link, there's a "buy now" button. There's also the "RAD Studio" which includes C++ builder and Delphi dotNET as well, the pro version is about 5x more expensive than just Delphi, though... and the "enterprise" and "architect" versions are even worse :)

app103:
You can get both Turbo Delphi Explorer and Turbo C++ Explorer (same as C++ Builder) for free.  :D

The only real issue with the free versions is that you can not install 3rd party components into your IDE. You can still use them, just can't have them on the toolbar to drag & drop to a form. All the standard VCL is still there though.

thunder7:
Thank You! I have bookmarked all these AWESOME links.

I have to say, and I am not BS'ing you when I say this either Programmers are just so COOL! 8)  8)  8)  8)   8)  8)  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version