ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Interesting Behaviour

<< < (2/2)

SkyIDE:
I wish I could but now but it's too late :) It's all gone. After that, I believe Belenix's (OpenSolaris) "Install on Hard Disk" utility currupted my "partition table" or something else on my NTFS partitions so I got all these error messages such as \NTLDR missing, \Windows\System32\Winload.exe (this second one is on Vista) even though they were there. I didn't even touch these partitions when I used their fdisk utility but looks like "it" touched them anyway...hehe

I spent about two hours late at night fiddling with rescue CDs and pre-installed environments, replacing bootmgr, msdos.sys, ntdetect etc etc to no avail until I realised their partitioning tool most likely stuffed either my partition table or the NTFS file systems as there was no logical explanation why Windows wouldn't boot. I deleted the Solaris partitions and restored XP on the primary active partition from an image and I put Vista on the second and the Solaris one got replaced with Linux :) So the corrupted project file is all gone, beyond recovery :)

So all that was a rough ride hehe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version