ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

A Utility to Tell Me What is Stealing Focus!!

<< < (3/4) > >>

J-Mac:
Nice trick, justice!

[ Invalid Attachment ]

TweakUI is a part of MS powertoys, and can be downloaded here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
-Wordzilla (May 28, 2007, 03:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks folks, but that was already installed and set a year ago. Not sure what it does do, but it doesn't help with this.   :(

Curt:
I have TweakUI with the same setting, but I am not too sure it will change anything but which window is getting the focus.

---

By the way:

Important:

• If you installed PowerToys prior to April 23, 2002, you must uninstall your old PowerToys before installing the versions available here.

• PowerToys only work with U.S. English regional settings. 
-Microsoft
--- End quote ---

From experience I know that some PowerToys actually work with other languages as well, but not all.

Curt:
J-Mac; we forgot to also make the obvious point, didn't we.
When you raise the dragon's priority, using Process Tamer, you should of course also lower Windows Desktop Search's priority to below normal or even idle.

:tellme:

J-Mac:
J-Mac; we forgot to also make the obvious point, didn't we.
When you raise the dragon's priority, using Process Tamer, you should of course also lower Windows Desktop Search's priority to below normal or even idle.

:tellme:
-Curt (May 28, 2007, 04:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

I removed Windows Desktop Search as soon as I realized that it would not let me alter any of its behavior. MS must have built in a "strong man" feature to it. I couldn't find a way to even touch its priority. Irritating as all heck! I'll live with OneNote 2007 having lesser search capabilites, if they won't let it take advantage of Copernic or X1!!

Thanks Curt.

J-Mac:
I have TweakUI with the same setting, but I am not too sure it will change anything but which window is getting the focus.

---

By the way:

Important:

• If you installed PowerToys prior to April 23, 2002, you must uninstall your old PowerToys before installing the versions available here.

• PowerToys only work with U.S. English regional settings. 
-Microsoft
--- End quote ---

From experience I know that some PowerToys actually work with other languages as well, but not all.

-Curt (May 28, 2007, 03:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Now that's interesting. I didn't realize they had updated TweakUI. I'll uninstall the old and install the new -- see what they did for it.

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version