ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

A Utility to Tell Me What is Stealing Focus!!

<< < (2/4) > >>

J-Mac:
When you run Media Player Classic in fullscreen mode, if a utility steals focus and kicks it out of fullscreen mode it tells you the name of the erring utility. I suppose there would be cleaner ways to do this but if you just want a quick search and destroy solution this should do.
-nosh (May 27, 2007, 03:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I never realized that. Good point!  Thanks.

A hole lot easier just to raise the Priority to RealTime / 24.
-Curt (May 27, 2007, 03:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
That is, the priority of the window/app that I want in focus, correct?

BTW, I just changed a few settings in Mouser's Process Tamer that might help, too.  Guess I'll see.

Thanks.

Curt:
That is, the priority of the window/app that I want in focus, correct?

BTW, I just changed a few settings in Mouser's Process Tamer that might help, too.  Guess I'll see.

Thanks.
-J-Mac (May 27, 2007, 04:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

That was excatly what I was thinking about:
Use ProcessTamer to set new Priority for the Dragon: Force RealTime   :Thmbsup:

- assuming the Dragon is only open when in use; otherwise it will eat the CPU from other apps.

J-Mac:
Thanks Curt. Yes, I run Dragon only when using it. Like I said earlier, if I am just browsing or something similar -- as long as it doesn't involve heavy input -- I don't start Dragon and I use the keyboard and mouse. Only when I am typing a lot in Word, the Journal, or anything that is input-intensive like that do I dictate the input via Dragon NS. Otherwise I get a lot of typos, and almost all originating on the left side of the keyboard... confirming that my left arm/hand isn't quite getting it done as well as it should.

I'll run like this for a while and see if it helps. However I would still like to see something that would give me an indication of which application or service has started doing this.

Thanks again.

Jim

justice:
Install TweakUI for windows XP. There is an option which disables applications from stealing focus. This might solve your whole issue. I'm on vista just now so unfortunately I cannot make a screenshot.

Wordzilla:
Nice trick, justice!

A Utility to Tell Me What is Stealing Focus!!

TweakUI is a part of MS powertoys, and can be downloaded here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version