ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Older Newsletters

Newsletter for May 24th, 2007 - Codename "Summer is not for Sleeping"

<< < (2/2)

insert_nick:
Anyone have any requests for how we can make the newsletter better or more interesting?
-mouser (May 24, 2007, 04:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't know if this makes sense, judge yourself or correct as necessary:

A section where are summarized (if any) projects (software/services/etc.), commercial or not, which seem to take inspiration from projects or forum posts proposed on donationcoder. Of course, the projects must have a birth date successive to the corresponding entries on donationcoder, and the "inspiration" has not necessary to be declared from the official project owners in order to include it in the summary. The so-called "inspiration" can also be just random, let's say "in the air", so that we can see an idea for some nice project was already there, written in gold characters deep into the donationcoder forums, posted by some user here long before.
Users of donationcoder shall notify these (maybe rare?) events when they occur so that they can be included in the newsletter.
Obviously, every entry in the summary will provide at least two links: one for the "official" project, and one for the corresponding "far-sighted" forum post on donationcoder...

mahesh2k:
Why Not some Howto tutorials for programming apps that done here say explaination for each line in code like one done at http://kirupa.com this could help others.what you think.

TucknDar:
Anyone have any requests for how we can make the newsletter better or more interesting?
-mouser (May 24, 2007, 04:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
Like someone's already posted, an editorial of some sorts would be nice. I have to admit I usually just skim through the newsletter, and see if there's an interesting thread or cool piece of software I've missed from the previous weeks. An editorial or something similar would make sure I'd spend more time reading the newsletter.

mouser:
Like someone's already posted, an editorial of some sorts would be nice. I have to admit I usually just skim through the newsletter, and see if there's an interesting thread or cool piece of software I've missed from the previous weeks. An editorial or something similar would make sure I'd spend more time reading the newsletter.
--- End quote ---

ok i think this is a good idea and you guys have convinced me to throw in a short little editorial unique to each newsletter.  it's hard enough putting out the newsletters so don't expect great stuff, but i will try to make sure there is a least a couple of paragraphs of newsletter-only editorial on some dc issue.

feel free to send me ideas for things to editorialize about.  i think it would be nice if we occasionally did a little feature of one of our members (i was thinking nudone the creator of cody our mascot would be a good example).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version