ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: Fix ReDownload of Incomplete Downloads

<< < (4/5) > >>

Veign:
Can you supply me with a URL to a small file that can not be downloaded through a download manager?  I would like to run some tests by connecting via an HTTP request through a very raw solution - using Winsock.

Carol Haynes:
Any file that you can see on the internet can be downloaded with a download manager?

The only ones you can't easily download are hidden behind scripts, and then you need a browser to execute the scripts.

What are you trying to do ?

Veign:
The other way they could be hiding the file is streaming the file to the browser behind the scenes. 

I had done this by analyzing a 404 error when the client conencted to the file (which did not exist).  I would then stream the right file to the clients machines based on some criteria.

It was still pretty easy for someone to determine the proper filename to connect directly too as I did not hide the file outside the root web folder.

Veign:
What are you trying to do ?
-CarolHaynes (September 08, 2005, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure who that question is addressed to...

Carol Haynes:
It was addressed to you  :up:

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to acheive.

If you want a streaming file to try (whatever you trying to on) you could you could use URL Snooper 2 in the downloads section to find the URL.

There is loads of stuff availble for streaming download at BBC Radio, try here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/

Here is one you could try: rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/scotland/radioscotland/demand/dailyfeature/rs_feature2_tue.rm

it is a 30 minute radio programme "Muriel Gray's Trip off the Tongue" from a recent Radio Scotland broadcast. (She can be a wicked wee lassie too)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version