ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: Fix ReDownload of Incomplete Downloads

<< < (2/5) > >>

Veign:
I had thought he wanted a tool to resume a download of a file in the cache.  Maybe all he needs is something that clears his cache.  Maybe Maxthon has a setting to set the size of the cache or to always check the server for a new file (basically not use the cache).

Carol Haynes:
Given that Maxthon is based on Internet Explorer -the website say "which means that what works in the IE browser will work the same in Maxthon tabbed browser but with many additional efficient features". See http://www.maxthon.com/

You may find that any download manager (such as GetRight) which integrates into Internet Explorer should work seamlessly with Maxon too.

Even if it doesn't GetRight can monitor the clipboard for URLs and offer to download files with extensions you monitor for. In this case all you would have to do is point to the download, right click and copy the URL to the clipboard for GetRight to take over the download.

See www.getright.com for info about Getright and http://www.headlightinc.com/cgi-bin/faq.cgi?filter=maxthon&submit1=Search#195 for Maxthon support (picked up from the site search engine).

Veign:
I wonder how many people still use Download managers.  Seems as broadband becomes more popular there is far less need for a download manager.

I downloaded a 650Meg file without an thought and no need for any managers.

Just curious does anyone watching use a download manager?  If so, what advantages do you get that you like?

Carol Haynes:
Main advantages are queuing up and scheduling downloads.

Also even with broadband a CD size download can take some time, if you can resume download following a connection glitch it is really useful.

One of the useful things I find in GetRight is its browser, I have found lots of files that way ;) I know there are better tools for this sort of thing but it is a quick method already in my system tray.

For small downloads they aren't really necessary any more, as you say.

mouser:
right and downloaders let you do things like say "download all the mp3s on this page", one after the other.
and even when you have a fast connection, the server might not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version