ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

musicIP (as a player): wow

<< < (3/10) > >>

Darwin:
This is a bit picky, but I find getting it to play tracks a bit fussy - sometimes it appears to freeze and won't play my selection... Oops! I'm an idiot - I was trying to play DRM'd iTunes files  :-[

Anyway, sound is nice and I like the layout. I was going to cry "Foul" over urlwolf's assertion that Memory usage is tiny compared with basically anything else (even virtual memory) : mediamonkey, foobar, even XMplay (!).
--- End quote ---

But actually running it head to head with XMPlay:

On my machine musicIP Mixer used the following while playing a randomly selected track:

0% CPU, 17,584K RAM, 17,124K VM

Compare this to XMPlay playing the same track:

0-32% CPU, 17,048K RAM, 21,196K VM

In both cases I opened the program and selected the track and played it immmediately (ie neither programme had been running for hours beforehand).

Dang! This is cool because it features all of the extras urlwofl mentions: live search (I agree really quick), album art (don't actually care one way or the other about this), much more intuitive/easy to use playlists, Pandora-esque playlist generating ability, ability to see and export to my mp3 player (haven't tested this aspect yet, thought)...

I like it!

Darwin:
BTW - I get a popup message everytime I shut it down but it's up and then gone in the blink of an eye - I can't tell if it's an error message or if it's important. Has anyone managed to read it?!

justice:
It says "Saving library cache...", with a stop button.

Darwin:
Whew! That's a relief - thanks Justice!

Darwin:
Am I the only one too dense to figure out how to play an actual album or complete .m3u playlist in musicIP? I select an album and play the first track and that's all that plays. Context Menu, File Menu, Preferences, etc. don't seem to have anything to help me out here! The help documentation seems geared toward the idea of generating mixes based on genre/artist/song/mood, etc. and I can't find an answer.

This is a major issue for me!

EDIT: Two more things: many of the files that are catalogued show up with the wrong album art (rather than the no image indicator) and, following from my original request, the previous and next track controls don't do anything either EVEN if I have selected an album or a playlist. This is quite frustrating!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version