ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

musicIP (as a player): wow

<< < (7/10) > >>

urlwolf:
Oh, for those considering going for the registered version, jump in!
The new power search features, moods, etc are really cool.

Basically, you can create a playlist that you really like, save it as binary mood, and send it to a friend. Even if he doesn't have the same songs, this binary mood will select similar ones from his library.

You can generate as many playlist from your library as you want using your mood settings.

There are many more features, but it seems that musicIP is one of the most under-documented applications out there. No wiki, no comprehensive help (just pages scattered over the site talking about different topics), some blog posts, and that's it.

Maybe we need to create a wiki?

cthorpe:
For anyone who is interested in purchasing the premium version.  They are having a 40% off sale through Memorial Day (May 28).  Check out their blog for details: http://blog.musicip.com/2007/05/25/were-having-a-sale/

If you can't purchase now, I have arranged a 30% discount for members in the month of June, as well as some licenses to give away.

Carl

urlwolf:
Note: I think the time it takes to analyze a track may depend on the size of your collection. I analyzed a ~460 ogg collection, and it was super fast. I wonder why that is. Again, the MIP forum is full of people reporting long analyzing times.

Lashiec:
Because Vorbis is the best!

Or maybe the format has something to do with it. The OGG format is better designed than the MP3 one, which it doesn't have a container to begin with. All the ID3 tags is a hack, a clever and complex one, but a hack. I suppose it could also depend on the size. Did you try with FLAC, WavPack...?

I'm eager to try the program ;)

cthorpe:
Well, it is taking forever to analyze all my files, but then again I have over a month's worth of 24 hour a day music  :D

As Whicken, one of the dev team, points out above, you can start using the program as soon as the first stage of the analysis is over (took about 30 minutes on my machine, but keep in mind my huge collection and that I'm running a 866 P3 with 512mb ram and I was using the computer while it was processing).  Some tracks may show up as unmixable after the first pass if the tags are bad or in a strange format.  The second and third stages are where those tracks are analyzed.  You can put the analysis priority down to idle if you want, which I have done and I am just leaving the program running until it is finished.

musicIP (as a player): wow

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version