ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

musicIP (as a player): wow

<< < (6/10) > >>

justice:
I spend some time Fixing tags the other day. MusicIP wanted to correct about 1000 mp3s. However some of the metadata it suggested was clearly bogus and I couldn't find any way to say mine was more accurate. OR convince MusicIP that its data was incorrect. For example it suggested IIRC that the genre of a song was a link to a forum. And it tried to change the artist "Airwave" into "Airwave 2" and "airwave 3" .

Also, I couldn't find any way of identifying why a particular track can't be analysed. I tried adding tag information myself so that it could be properly recognised but to no avail.

Apart from these very minor niggles I'm still using it for my day to day listening.

Darwin:
I'm noticing some particularly high RAM usage playing a playlist at the moment. If I minimize musicIP to the taskbar RAM falls right off to below 2MB but then climbs inexorably until I minimize it again. I let it go to 66000K, minimized it, and after about 3 minutes it had climbed to 29MB. I maximized it again and it's still climbing past 60MB. It stops dead on 66028K and sticks there. I minimize it again and the process starts again. Seems a bit excessive (FWIW, VM/Private Bytes are at 73140K. Just minimzed it again and RAM went to 1600K and as I have written this sentence has crept up to 9000K. Anyone else seeing anything like this? Guess I'd better start posting in their users' forum!

Darwin:
OK - an update to the above post: this only happens when I play a particular playlist!? The playlist contains nonDRM'd m4u files (rather than mp3) so I guess this is an issue related to format... Right, off to post about this in the musicIP Mixer forum!

whicken:
I couldn't find any way to say mine was more accurate. OR convince MusicIP that its data was incorrect.-justice (May 25, 2007, 07:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

This should be improved, for sure - as it turns out, the way to give the feedback is to select the bogus items, and press the Delete key.  You'll get a popup where you can choose what feedback to send.

urlwolf:
I have estimated that, at ~ 20 sec analyzing each track, my >35000-track collection will take about 15 days to get fully analyzed at about 10hr of CPU per day (I want to use my computer for other things, mind you).

I still think that the most 'bang for your CPU buck' is after the initial scan (~ 1sec per track). Having phase 2 done takes a lot of CPU and it'll help you only with mistagged tracks (which is nice, but still). I might be wrong (please correct me if I am).

The mixing should be about as good before/after phase two.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version