ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Vista Problems with StandBy and Sleep Modus

<< < (2/3) > >>

PitrPaulus:
By the way: I know the Control Panel etc., that's not the problem. PitrPaulus.

lanux128:
if you can get to the Control Panel, click the System icon.. then you'll have the Device Manager, as you can see in the screenshot.. :)

PitrPaulus:
Great lanux128! Clear with the screenshot. Yes, I saw this screen you showed now so I know where I have to be....
but ... when I read the Asus quote To fix this, simply uncheck "Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby" for your USB mouse and PS/2 keyboard under "Device Manager", if you do not desire to wake the system via your USB mouse and/or PS/2 keyboard do you have any idea under which map I have to look?
Hope you know that.
Thanks and greetings, PitrPaulus.

lanux128:
Pitr, since you use a usb-based input device, then there'll be an entry called HID (Human Interface Device).. i think that'll be the best place to look for.. anyway, try this steps:

1. Start > Run > devmgmr.msc
2. Device Manager shows up.
3. Choose a HID Device (either mouse or keyboard).
4. Select Properties option.
5. Click Power management tab.
6. Check/Uncheck the option "Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby".
7. Click OK all the way to the desktop.
8. It's a good practice to restart the system.

Let me know if this helps you.. :)

PitrPaulus:
Hello lanux128, That's it! I found the right thing, the HID Device, and now disabled the ' wake-up'  button.
Hope this will solve the problem but anyway: What you learned me is loud and clear! Thanks a lot!
Pitr Paulus

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version