ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Borland c++ BUILDER tutorials?

<< < (2/3) > >>

SkyIDE:
You can also refer to the help file. There are plenty of examples explaining your way around. Personally, I found the official help file indeed very helpful. Without it, I would have been lost.

mahesh2k:
Thanks for the help.Anyone knows how to count the line numbers as most of developer text editor do it.Also how can i do the mouse click Highlightcolor effect .if you have tried the SkyIDE then you can understand what i want to say, it has the seperate tabs for each file opened & can count no of line and highlights the line when mouse click is done.

SkyIDE:
Hello mahesh2k

You have to study the compiler output and then extract the line number and the filename when the user clicks on the line with the error. Once you extract the filename, you would know which file to open or just activate if it's already open and once the file is open/active you just need to highlight that particular line number -- the one that you extracted. That's the way I do it.

SkyIDE supports 10 compilers and now I am adding support for Visual C++ Express, the 11th compiler. Each compiler produces different outputs so I did a lot of studying, inspecting their output and some of them are still buggy but I think I just squashed all the bugs. Beta 14 will have bug fixes for LCC-WIN32 one and the Free Pascal one (errors occured due to not enough research).

Some of the compiler outputs are really complicated. The one I found the hardest to work with is "almost everyone's favorite": GNU C++ -- nothing wrong with the compiler itself, it's just that the output it produces is a bit complicated but I got it going :) It was the first compiler that SkyIDE supported.

SkyIDE:
I re-read your post and I believe I might have misunderstood. I am not sure exactly what you mean and which section you are referring to. Can you please be more specific? I will gladly explain how it is done. Thanks :)

mahesh2k:
Hi SKYIDE

You described me about the compiler error highlighting,which is not what i want.I 'm looking for the line number highlighting that u added to editor.Say when u open up the skyIDE it will open a blank document that has line numbers 1 to so on.. also when you write program and click perticular line it gets highlighted.i want to achive these two effects.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version