topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:57 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Compare It! or Beyond Compare for file comparison ?  (Read 4237 times)

Defenestration

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Compare It! or Beyond Compare for file comparison ?
« on: October 12, 2007, 08:49 PM »
The DC review did not include Compare It!, even though it includes the in-line editing feature, which is a big plus IMO.

BC will be getting this in the next version 3 due out within the next 3 months or so.

A new version 4 of CI is also in alpha/beta testing ATM, and include binary comparison+editing, and will include a new plugin system like BC's.

So, for text file comparison (not folder) which one do people think is better and why ?

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Compare It! or Beyond Compare for file comparison ?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 08:59 PM »
BC will be getting this in the next version 3 due out within the next 3 months or so.

This native is well beyond "restless" waiting for BC 3 to come out. It's been "just around the corner" since I bought my licence for BC2 over two years ago. I'm no longer holding my breath waiting for it to ship. One of the reasons I bought BC2 was that I was assured that I'd get the upgrade to BC3,which was due out by the end of the year (2005 - admittedly, they qualified this by saying that all licences give the licensee one year's free updates and upgrades), for free. Clearly this is not going to happen and I expect that to get the feature that originally drew me to BC3 in the first place - 3 way file comparison - will be added to the newly defined "Pro" version and that it will cost me a substantial sum of money to get it... Yes, I know - sour grapes. It's been a long frustrating day!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 09:03 PM by Darwin »