ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: Graffiti Picture ScreenSaver

<< < (4/4)

skrommel:
 :huh: But when I think about it, it would be possible to take a screenshot of the desktop, make the background transparent and display it at the back, scrolling the images behind it and allowing the clicks to pass though to the real icons behind!

I'll be back...

Carol Haynes:
Nothing like a bit of (attempted)  humiliation :trout: to get the grey matter working again ...

skywalka:
Hey Skrommel.

Cool (as always)!

Is it possible to not have a gap between the pictures?  So that they actually touch?

When a picture is paused & you press the right arrow to go to the next picture the current picture stays paused.  Can you make it unpause & go straight to the next picture with just the one keystroke?

In random mode the previous image is not remembered so you cannot use the left arrow key to go back to it.  Is it possible to have a setting to remember the last 20 (?) pictures?

I use CacheMan to monitor the amount of free memory on my system.  After running ZoomSaver for 5 minutes the free memory drops from 500MB to 80MB.

Thanx again.

skrommel:
 :) I'll look into sorting prior to running, but I don't know if I like to switch the scrolling direction to have the pictures touching when scrolling in different directions, one right, the other down...  I just uploaded a new version that stops pause using both space, right and left.

About the memory leak, does it clean up when you quit ZoomSaver?

Skrommel

skywalka:
The gap between pictures is dead time.  I had envisioned that the pictures would be in contact when I made the initial suggestion.  I think it would look cool to fill the screen with pictures that scroll sometimes in random directions.

When I close ZoomSaver the memory is instantly recovered.  You can download the free version of CacheMan here if you wish to see for yourself.  http://www.outertech.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version