ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Ideamason on special

<< < (4/8) > >>

wraith808:
A bit late with this, but I was already trial-ing it for preparation for NaNoWriMo and using it for my writing when I found out about the discount- I was planning to get it for 99, but for the price on BitsDuJour it was a no brainer.  I write fiction in my spare time, everything from modules for games to actual novels, and I find it perfect for that, even though I'm not using half of the features.  It really makes it easy to write stream-of-consciousness and worry about structure later, and it helps to organize bits of information and source them.  I'd heartily recommend it to any writers, but especially to students- I have a friend that's writing her dissertation using this software, and it's taken the place of several different programs that she was using for this.

Darwin:
I did more or less that same thing, for the same reasons as your friend, wraith. I'm really hoping that IdeaMason can help me focus on writing my dratted dissertation... If not, the price was right!

Armando:
Are you currently using it, Darwin ?

Darwin:
Er...

No, not really.

To do so would require active PhD work and I am in advanced denial/procrastination mode at the moment! I have a couple of courses to design and run by the various levels of bureaucracy at the college before December 20, a textbook to edit before December 15, midterms to grade and lectures to prepare...

OK excuses aside, I'm hoping to use it in earnest over the weekend - I'll post back!

Armando:
I see...  :)
(you seem pretty efficient to me, even when procrastinating....)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version