ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

TRUSTED Download Manager discussion

(1/2) > >>

justice:
So there's all the recent discussions about whether or not there is hidden spyware /adware in certain download managers. Which ones can we trust? I also heard people talking about similar issues in the past, but was unable to find any info.

As donationcoder.com does not seem to have a download manager (yet?) that we know we can trust, what download managers can you recommend? What are the essential features?

Also, would it be safer to use a DM that has never had ads? Or is open-source? or is paid and properly supported? A lot of questions and I don't have any answers. Please help  :-[

Wordzilla:
Free Download Manager and Internet Download Manager (shareware)

lanux128:
yes, i'd go for Free Download Manager.

Grorgy:
If you use firefox you may want to consider a firefox extension Down them All, which seems to do a pretty good job, simple, nothing fancy, just depends on your needs really.

lanux128:
speaking of Firefox, there's the FlashGot extension that automatically detects and integrates the available download manager on the system.. here is the list of download managers that it supports..  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version