ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Faststone Image Capture now Shareware

(1/8) > >>

cthorpe:
Cybernet News is reporting that FastStone Screen Capture is no longer free for personal use.  Alas, it's true, as seen here:

(from http://faststone.org/order.htm)

Oops, cut off the bottom line.  It states that lifetime license is good for all future versions.

Here's hoping that Screenshot Captor gets the notice it deserves now!  :Thmbsup:

mouser:
Just a note to say that Screenshot Captor (link) continues to be updated and developed, and remains free, due in large part because you guys+gals have been generous enough to donate to support the project.

You've made it possible to keep spending the time time working on it and improving it, and the beta testing reports and feature ideas have helped enormously.

I think if you look at the features in snag it and faststone, i think you'll find ideas borrowed screenshot captor, and i'm committed to continuing to develop screenshot captor to make it one of the best screenshot taking tools out there, free or commercial.

With your support we can keep all the software on this site free/donationware.  :Thmbsup:

mouser:
Another note:
Screenshot Captor takes a back seat to no program, but FastStone Capture is quite good, and so is SnagIt -- both worth checking out.  But this is a good lesson about why it can be in your our own interest to support freeware authors who ask for donations.. if not, sometimes the need to pay rent makes authors go from freeware to payware..  :(

mouser:
For a limited time only DC is running a special promotion!
If you are the user of a formerly free program that has now gone shareware, you are entitled to 50% off our normal donation amount of any amount you want.

To redeem this special offer:

* Go to our donation page.
* Close your eyes and imagine how much you would normally donate.
* Now bring up an imaginary calculator.exe program and divide that number in half.
* Now type that number into the donate box.
* Now say in your mind (I am taking advantage of the 50% DonationCoder freeware-to-shareware migration offer).
* Now procede with the donation.
* Now get out a pen and paper and write a letter to santa claus or buddah explaining that you took advantage of the special discount offer and asking for a certificate of authentification (without certificate your license is invalid in france and ukraine).

cthorpe:
Oh man!  And I already donated 100%.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version