ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

.Net Framework

<< < (3/3)

lanux128:
No, lanux, it didn't install automatically with my xp cd.
And I have sp2 also.-cmpm (May 13, 2007, 01:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
yes, it is only included in Windows Vista. but i do wonder how did it get on my pc? ;)

cmpm:
ha lanux...too funny.... :)
probably did it along with other updates or a program

jgpaiva-going to give Firefox a shot

lanux128:
cmpm, thinking back i realise that on my PC, .NET framework must have been installed with some software.. anyway, do go ahead and give Firefox a try.. :Thmbsup:

MrCrispy:
The .NET framework is not installed as part of any OS or service pack before Vista, and is always an optional install in Windows Update. There are a few programs that depend on it, but not that many, and there are no runtime dependencies in Windows on .NET (even in Vista), which means it will not run unless you are running a program that depends on it, so it won't take up resources unless needed. In my experience it is faster than Java.

app103:
It's not installed with any official original version of Windows except Vista...but there are OEM's that are/were including it in their software bundle with XP.

I didn't have to download or install .net 1.1 because it came pre-installed on my XP Home SP2 PC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version