ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

pls recommend a good benign keylogger

<< < (4/8) > >>

justice:
You'll have to reconstruct your input from keyloggers as it also records backspace, delete keypresses etc. It would be better to periodically save the text in the current control.

Well here's my incomplete script. It works on simple controls like Notepad++, notepad, but not yet on browser controls such as opera and IE due to my inexperience with programming to controls. it should be easy to extend it.

ArchiveInput: 0.1 by justice
Copy control's content to textfile. Press scrolllock to start / stop recording to the textfile archiveinput.log

autohotkey code;
; ArchiveInput: 0.1 by justice
;
; Script Function:
;   Copy control's content to textfile. Press scrolllock to start / stop recording to the textfile archiveinput.log
;

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
DetectHiddenWindows, on
SetWorkingDir, %A_ScriptDir%
logfile = %A_ScriptDir%\archiveinput.log
traytiptitle = ArchiveInput

togg = n  ; on/off toggle
Hotkey, ScrollLock, Toggle
return

Toggle:
if togg = n
{
   Gosub, Start
   togg = y
} else
{
   GoSub, Stop
   togg = n
}
return

Start:
   FileDelete, %logfile%
   SetTimer, ArchiveInput, 5000
      traytip, %traytiptitle%, Started saving input every 5 seconds...
return

Stop:
   SetTimer, ArchiveInput, Off
      traytip, %traytiptitle%, Disabled
return

ArchiveInput:
   FormatTime , GmtTime,%A_NowUTC%,ddd`, dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss GMT
   WinGet, active_id, ID, A
if ErrorLevel
    traytip, %traytiptitle%, Can't find active window
   ControlGetFocus, activeControl,ahk_id %active_id%
if ErrorLevel
    traytip, %traytiptitle%, The target window doesn't exist or none of its controls has input focus.
else
      ControlGetText, activeText, %activeControl%, ahk_id %active_id%
   If %activeText%
         traytip, %traytiptitle%, Saved text: %GmtTime%`n %activeText%
   else
   {
         ControlGet, activeText , List,,  %activeControl%, ahk_id %active_id%
         If %activeText%
            traytip, %traytiptitle%, Saved text: %GmtTime%`n %activeText%
         else
            traytip, %traytiptitle%, no input (unsupported control) :( `n %activeControl% /  ahk_id %active_id% `n
   }
   FileAppend, %GmtTime%:`n, %logfile%
   FileAppend, %activeText%, %logfile%
   FileAppend, `n`n`n`n, %logfile%
   activeText =
   GmtTime =
return

patteo:
Yesterday, was composing a long email and suddenly IE crashed and lost the entire draft (45mins work lost).
ANd this is not the first time that I lost typed text (powerfailure, software crashes, accidental pressing of wrong keys - are some of the reasons)

Was wondering if there is a good tool (similar to keylogger but less the spyware part) that will log the typed text (preferably including formatting) and realtime autosave in the background

Any suggestions?
-ganrad (May 12, 2007, 12:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

The program you are looking for is Smart Type Assistant - does exactly what you want (see extract below) and more.

Smart Type Assistant - typing automation, time-saving utility. Download Keyboard macros software
"Smart Type Assistant offers you Smart Diary – a useful feature for automatically saving what you type. It will help you to recall what you wrote some time ago, and to restore important documents after Windows crashes. It automatically stores everything you type in the strongly encrypted file, which can be protected with a password. It can help you to organize your archives."
http://www.blazingtools.com/sta.html

allen:
CHS was suggested, I myself compose everything in AceText (link in sig) -- I depend on real time spell checking -- but in either case, the idea is the same--composing everything in an external app that by nature is constantly saving your data.

Darwin:
I am not disciplined enough to compose long e-mails/posts in an external editor. I follow the same path as Hirudin - I've been burned enough times that I now hit ctrl-A and Ctrl-C pretty often when writing - because I use Clipmate, this provides me with mutliple backups that I can revisit weeks later, if I haven't deleted the contents of the main clipboard by then. Incidentally, I'm running the beta for Clipmate 7.2, which features the option of installing it and running it from a USB stick in addition to a harddrive. Very sweet.

ender:
I second the recommendation for Smart Type Assistant !!
I am using it for the same reason as you said, I often have to write in my blog and it did happened sometimes, that I lost my composed work because of the stupid blog site would suddenly had problems.
Smart Type Assistant  was available several month ago at giveawayoftheday, and its one of the best things I activated and really used since I found that site!
its a great use for a keylogger!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version