ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > What's the Best?

Malware protection (a-v, firewall) for Linux Ubuntu

<< < (2/2)

housetier:
Behold the words of the ubuntu fanboi!

As for firewall, I can recommend and do support ipmasq. Although it doesn't have a gui like other packages, it also stays out of your way and sets up a tight firewall. I have used this package for many years; I also tried out other firewall packages but always came back to ipmasq.  :Thmbsup:

And while I am going on about -masq, let me tell you about dnsmasq, which is a simple and very reliable dhcp server and caching dns server.   8)

To make the sugar even sweeter (and I cannot resist doing so), I have to direct your attention to yet another package, this time it's a little helper tool called resolvconf. resolvconf makes ipmasq and dnsmasq work nicely together; it's the grease between these two 1338 packages.  :P

Now, I admit, 3 packages at once might be a little difficult, but: they work so nicely together it definitely is worth the effort of getting to know them. Also, I am willing to help you setting them up (this is an easy promise, they don't need much setting up ;) )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version