ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

Folder-RSS: Monitor folder changes via rss

<< < (5/11) > >>

alexk7110:
I've recompiled the ahk script with Autohotkey Version 1.0.46.15 and all is back to normal ( no AVG complaints  ).

justice:
I'm working on some changes for Folder-RSS
I've got the following things working:

* -only:filename.ext = A single wildcard such as *.mp3 to include mp3 files only. Multiple wildcards will be more diffucult to implement. Default is *.*
* -only:files|folder = only include files or only process folders to the feed. Depending if things are organised into their own folder or not this can be handy. Default is both files and folders
* improved gui to make the syntax more maintainable and to point people to my support website. Also this could grow into a GUI Wizard for Folder-RSS is there is enough interest from you :)

Todo:
* Planning to make the other defaults changeable as well.
* Displaying the folder-structure in the feed; possible working file:// links if it can be done.

Regarding FTP support there are good products already on the market including AutoFTP to do this for you, it will require setting up ftp details etc. I see Folder-RSS more as a quick tool as part of a bigger command sequence. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for all your feedback so far it's very rewarding   :-[

alexk7110:
The "-only:files|folder" feature is the one I am expecting the most. Can't wait to try it.. I guess that if an easy to use gui comes later on, a Lifehacker.com feature is most likely to happen.

TucknDar:
BUMP, but what an extremely cool script! I've hooked the RSS feed up to Website Watcher and can then remind myself of any new downloads and stuff :)

Had a bit of a problem downloading this though, since Avast! apparently didn't like the compiled AHK script :-\, but disabling the resident scanner for a moment worked around it (as needless to say, I'll trust you won't spread virii through DC :up: )

justice:
Thanks a lot! the scanner is flagging a particular version of the executable processor Folder-RSS is using, it is fixed in the newest version of AHK but I never released an updated download. In this case its not a virus. I'll do that in the coming days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version