ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

Folder-RSS: Monitor folder changes via rss

<< < (8/11) > >>

ghacks:
I'm still getting an error when uploading the created file to http://www.validome.org/rss-atom/validate telling me

Syntax error within XML declaration (&lt;?xml version=&quot;1.0&quot; encoding=&quot;iso-8859-1&quot;? version=&quot;2.0&quot; version=&quot;2.0&quot;&gt;).
Check the XML declaration (z.B. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>) on the basis of the W3C specification

I'm using the example.bat file and upload it directly.

justice:
I've started a list of issues reported in this thread and around the web to sort out in a round of updates. Valid xml is top of the list. Development of my utilities have been a bit abandoned unfortunately, sorry about that.

hpearce:
file://localhost/C:/Temp/install.xml    added to Opera

read feed produces nothing

xml seems to have valkid data in it

Bonewalker:
This might go against the grain of what you are trying to do, but would it be possible/feasible to add an option to simply send an email rather than/in addition to an rss feed so that one wouldn't have to install a web service?

Just an idea off the top of my head. Be nice to monitor servers across a network without the added vulnerability of a web service.

Thanks for the interesting app.

dragonmage:
I have an idea to use this with Rainmeter. The concept would be to create a Rainmeter config to display an icon. Rainmeter would periodically run Folder-RSS. If changes are found it would change the icon to indicate it. Clicking on the icon would then open another config to display the changes that have been made.

Does this sound possible? Also what kind of performance hit is there while it scans the folder for changes?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version