ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

Folder-RSS: Monitor folder changes via rss

<< < (10/11) > >>

DavidA_UK:
Folder-RSS v0.92
- Added user interface
- Added the ability to save settings
- Added repeat mode
- Added a mode to replace the local path with a web path
- Added a second link mode to the RSS feed using the GUID RSS tag
- Added the ability to title the RSS feed
- Added ability to hide the filename extensions in the RSS feed

justice:
A late reaction, as you can see David has been doing some excellent work on Folder-RSS. Sad truth is that I don't use the program regularly enough to put in the time to keep it updated. So I'm discussing with David what the best way forward is.

Once that's clearer then I'll update information where neccessary, with regards to dcupdate etc to help people move over :)

Ramis:
Hi guys, i just found out about folder-rss and i think its great! I wanted this functionality some time ago and programmed my own tool FolderFeed to do just this using XML serialization in .Net to produce valid RSS 2.0 xml data, i noticed that your tool had some problems with producing valid xml, so you might find it interesting. Would want to help out.

You can download the tool and source code at:
http://ramis.mine.nu/folderfeed/

DavidA_UK:
Seems like Ramis is going in a different direction with FolderFeed. The more the merrier.

Just to say that I have my version a permanent home here. Contact me if you want new features.

bluedog9300:

--- ---* repacked with the latest autohotkey - no more false positives from certain virus scanners
* support for Mouser's DcUpdater (let me know if this works well for you - folder-rss checks for updates on start, will make this an option
* new options thanks to donationcoder member requests:
  -only:files|folders = Only include files (-only:files) or folders (-only:folders) (Default is both)
  -only:*.ext = Only include *.ext files (eg. change to *.mp3 to include mp3 files only). (default = *.*)
  -maxage:`<number`> = Only show results last modified within the last `<number`> days (default=14)
  -maxitems:<number> = Only show up to <number> feeditems (default = 100)
* started work on graphical user interface for next version.

-justice (May 09, 2007, 08:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't been able to use the syntax for options such as maxitems or file types.  Please make it so I can just copy and paste.

The examples given show Maxage has single quotes while Maxitems does not
... I capitalized for clarity btw.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version