ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Converting from FLV to AVI

<< < (7/11) > >>

Hirudin:
I will relegate my off topic comments to spoilersI've been thinking that may be especially true for video encoding, since there's SO many source formats, SO many video codecs, and SO many audio codecs... It's hard enough finding a dedicated MP3 encoder that will let me use LAME with custom arguments only, much less expect a video encoder to do it. It would be quite a feet to get all the options from all the popular A/V codecs into a single GUI, and still be user friendly, keep current with the new advancements, and actually work too.

I haven't tried the Riva encoder yet... I'm hesitant to get a shareware encoder since I can do it with free apps already. I'll grab the demo tomorrow though.

Curt:
I'm using Vista 64 , that's likely to have something to do with it... -Hirudin (June 02, 2007, 10:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

The changelog does not mention anything on 64 bit at all since the first stable SUPER from july 21, 2005 - so I guess you may be right; SUPER is perhaps not ready for 64 bit

Curt:
I haven't tried the Riva encoder yet... I'm hesitant to get a shareware encoder -Hirudin (June 03, 2007, 12:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

The "30 day trial" is the Producer, NOT the Riva Encoder which is Freeware.
Get it from Download.com C/Net.

lanux128:
I haven't tried the Riva encoder yet... I'm hesitant to get a shareware encoder since I can do it with free apps already. I'll grab the demo tomorrow though.-Hirudin (June 03, 2007, 12:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
actually, Riva Encoder is a freeware program and the link is at the top of this thread.. :) but what the heck, here is it again: http://www.rivavx.de/?encoder

Hirudin:
I will relegate my off topic comments to spoilersThanks guys, I saw the links. I don't have FLVs though. I'm looking for a general video converter, I have little interest in web videos. I'm not willing to download and install "Riva FLV Encoder" in the hopes that it'll do other formats as well. To me, it looks like Riva has software that might do what I want, but it's shareware, which makes me want to look elsewhere.

I'll start a new topic without "FLV" in the title to be less confusing :).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version