ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

FreeThesaurus.net - new official DC web service, is now up and running!

<< < (4/9) > >>

mouser:
Don't forget that Nick has recently put his toe in the water as a freelance artist, so if you know a business that might want to hire him for some design work, drop him a line.

Carol Haynes:
Absolutely brilliant (and really elegant too) - but can I ask two questions:

1) How do you get the yellow definition panels (I am using Firefox) ?

2) If I leave FreeThesaurus.net open in a tab I find my keyboard really sluggish in other tabs - is there any way to fix that or should I simply close the thesaurus tab when I finish?

Wordzilla:
Absolutely brilliant (and really elegant too) - but can I ask two questions:

1) How do you get the yellow definition panels (I am using Firefox) ?

2) If I leave FreeThesaurus.net open in a tab I find my keyboard really sluggish in other tabs - is there any way to fix that or should I simply close the thesaurus tab when I finish?
-Carol Haynes (September 06, 2007, 08:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thx Carol,

1. To get the yellow definition panels, move mouse cursor over a word/phrase - if you have javascript enabled, they should display properly.

2. Hmm maybe your browser has a problem with my ajax scripts, just click on "Disable quick dictionary" and "Disable live suggest" on the top-right corner.

Carol Haynes:
1. To get the yellow definition panels, move mouse cursor over a word/phrase - if you have javascript enabled, they should display properly.
--- End quote ---

Seems to work in Internet Explorer but it doesn't seem to work for me in Firefox 2.0.0.6

2. Hmm maybe your browser has a problem with my ajax scripts, just click on "Disable quick dictionary" and "Disable live suggest" on the top-right corner.
--- End quote ---

Using Firefox, I have disabled both but I still have the problems in other tabs - unresponsive mouse highlighting of text and typing playing slow catch up as I type. Once I close the thesaurus tab everything is back to normal.

mouser:
that slowdown you are experiencing is an invisible window where cody is doing a dance.  it's true you can't see it, but just knowing that your computer cpu is being used for a complex physics simulation of Cody doing his special Worm dance should bring you immense satisfaction and outweight any sluggish pc performance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version