ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

FreeThesaurus.net - new official DC web service, is now up and running!

(1/9) > >>

Wordzilla:
FreeThesaurus.net is a new online thesaurus service offered by DonationCoder.com, for English language lovers around the globe in their continuous quest for the right words.

It's the online brother of our Mobysaurus, with much more frequent updates, and displays no error message when you are found guilty of not using Windows. ;)

Two of the major features in Mobysaurus are also offered on FreeThesaurus.net:

* Highlighting and linking synonyms that are themselves main entries  - you'll see words with dotted, khaki underlines that are clickable.
* Headword suggestions - the part starts with 'Main entries similar to...' at the bottom of the results page, in which it displays a number of related main entries that may also interest you.
I hope you will like it more than many other thesaurus sites out there that will show you less entries than ads and bloat up the page so it takes quite a few seconds to load. After all, when you are looking for synonyms, you just want to see relevant words and you want them now, is it not?  8)

This is my first php+mysql project (before this there was hmmm, nothing, nil, zero, nada) and I'm still very inexperienced in web programming. Thanks to mouser for offering me his huge helping hand during development. And if you come across any bugs plz do let me know!  :up:

mouser:
Anderson has really outdone himself this time -- it's a truly beautiful and useful thing he's created.

Carol Haynes:
Hey that is REALLY beautifully done ...

How about incorporating the search box in the DC forum reply/quick reply forms (might make posts more erogenous - got there in three clicks from 'interesting')?

Curt:
??!!

"Interesting" I could understand, but sexual stimulating posts at DC...??

FreeThesaurus.net   

Displaying 1 match and 0 supplemental result for erogenous [definition]

Main Entry: erogenous
Synonyms: amorous, carnal, erogenic, erotic, erotogenic, fleshly, gamic, heterosexual, libidinal, nuptial, oversexed, potent, procreative, sensual, sex, sexed, sexlike, sexual, sexy, straight, undersexed, venereal, voluptuous

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main entries similar to: erogenous
amorous, carnal, erotic, fleshly, gamic, heterosexual, libidinal, nuptial, oversexed, potent, procreative, sensual, sex, sexed, sexual, sexy, straight, undersexed, venereal, voluptuous

--- End quote ---

I guess from now our new female members have a job to do... 

Wordzilla:
Ajax live suggest has just been added to freethesaurus.net. Hope you all like it! ;D

To enable/disable it, simply toggle between show/hide live suggestions on the top right. Live suggest is not enabled by default.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version