ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Solving an hibernation-related problem on a XP Home PC

<< < (2/4) > >>

MerleOne:
Thanks, will try it !

I posted this in another thread about turning hibernation on and off with task scheduler.  Don't know if it would help you at all, but here it is:

These are a couple of AutoHotkey scripts that should disable and reenable hiberation.
These should work for Windows XP.  You may have to modify them for other flavors of windows.

-cthorpe (May 07, 2007, 05:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

MerleOne:
Thanks, I thought it was only my machine doing this !!!

This is how it's always worked for me (XP Pro SP2) and I figured it was normal behavior.

Skrommel has a utility that keeps a machine from entering sleep mode, should work for your problem if you have it run when the computer wakes up.
-AndyM (May 07, 2007, 08:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

MerleOne:
Just a short summary of what I have tried since the various suggestion were posted here :

* cthorpe : thanks for the scripts.  You were right, they don't work "as is" on my system, because it's localized.  I suppose I could get it to work by converting them, but I still have trouble using AutoHotKey.  It looks very promising though !

AndyM : I suppose you are referring to LowtoSleep.  It seems to do the trick for now, that is if I keep it running or if I launch it just after wake-up.

So far, Skrommel's "LowtoSleep" compiled AHK script seems the best solution. 

Thanks !

Carol Haynes:
Have you tired disabling hibernation completely, restart and then re-enable it to see if some of the internal registry settings are screwed up?

MerleOne:
Not yet, and good idea !  Will try, except if I observe the same behaviour on another XP machine, which would tend to confirm what AndyM was saying, that is : it is an XP "feature".

Thanks for the suggestion !

Have you tired disabling hibernation completely, restart and then re-enable it to see if some of the internal registry settings are screwed up?
-Carol Haynes (May 10, 2007, 05:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version