ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Feature request v 2- favorite searching

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
great suggestion nontroppo.
i was thinking to build a general purpose parser for html links like firefox uses for its browser, but as you say there are issues:
1) some kind of cache will be needed since will be too slow to reparse each time.
2) might as well then do a more general purpose parse+cache system to support other kinds of browser bookmarks and other stuff.
3) now we are getting dangerously close to the database idea.

so let me think on it for a little while to find the best general purpose solution.  i agree with you that a more general purpose solution is the way to go.

Chris:
I use another program (Quick Favorites Search http://www.chris.id.au/qfs/default.htm) to search both the title and the url. It reads all files every time, not cached, and on a P4 2.2GHz it takes 5 seconds for 3400 favorites.

While this is a considerable time, this is still very useful. If a cache can speed it up, so much the better, but I would use it even it took 5 seconds.

Chris

mouser:
just a quick note of clarification -
f&r will currently happily search your ie bookmarks by title (ie bookmarks use title as filename).

the only issue to be implemented is being able to search on the url inside the file.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version