ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Feature request v 2- favorite searching

(1/2) > >>

Chris:
This was mentioned in  an earlier wish list, but I am not sure if it is to be included  in v2.

I would like to use FRR to search my Internet Explorer favorites, with the choice of searching
1. the title,
2. the URL and
3. both the title and the URL.

I would imagine that option 2 & 3, reading the URL within the favorites, would be the slowest

I would use the third method most.

Will this be possible in version 2?

Regards

Chris

mouser:
this will definitely be added, just dont know yet about what options to present to user.
as you say it could take a little bit of extra time to read the info, so there will most likely be options for whether to enable searching in url strings or not.  title will always be searched.

i think i will be able to add ie bookmark and firefox bookmark searching in the next 2 weeks.

rbeeger:
Cool, Firefox bookmark search would be nice.

nontroppo:
mouser: I know you also said you would support Firefox/Mozilla bookmarks. If you do I was wondering if you may be better to code a more general regex driven text search. For the FF bookmarks you will have to parse a HTML file containing a definition list, with HTML attributes defining the bookmark properties. If we had definable regex's, it would be trivial to add support to Opera for example which uses simple line delimited INI like attributes:

--- ---#URL
ID=14
NAME=Head Hunting  History of the Shuar  Shrunken Heads
URL=http://www.head-hunter.com/
CREATED=1029147558
DESCRIPTION=death
ICONFILE=Bookmark Unvisited
ORDER=-1
Or any other text file could be used in this more flexible approach. You have to code some kind of text-parser for Firefox bookmark support, so you may as well maximise the utility of your development!

nontroppo:
I also have to say I imagine Favorites / Bookmarks searching will be really slow - maybe you will need to have some kind of pre-processing and cache to speed it up (though not so far as needing a database)!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version