ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any freeware alternatives to Instant ThumbView?

<< < (6/13) > >>

Nighted:
Sri, you could use the Groups feature in QTTabBar the same way you use favourites. Groups actually will allow you open one or many directories with one click.

sri:
You see, I want to reduce that one extra step in reaching to my favorite folders and files in windows explorer. Currently in WE -> press ctrl+I and only then will you get the favorites displayed.

W/ QTT, you still have to click on the star dropdown and select the group you wanna launch.

WhiteLion:
You can also add the Vista touch to XP.
Meaning that you can get the icons of images to be the actual image(s). This saves the need on clicking on each individual image to take a peek at it. This method is the best for me.

Xentient Thumbnails (Freeware)A utility for replacing the generic icons of image files with thumbnail icons of the actual image. [Windows 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP]
xentient.com/products/thumbnails/

ImageConvertor Plus is really nice also. It shows a preview of a selected image in the content menu, but is pricey. http://www.imageconverterplus.com/

steeladept:
You fellows are strange; why do you go to bed when it is almost high noon? Maybe you are situated the 'wrong' place? Move to Europe so I can buy you a beer (a genuine beer, that is: a pilsner!), and we can look at all the blondes and make sure they do have more fun...  8)
Sleep tight!
-Curt (May 06, 2007, 04:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

In that case, can I come over too?  Pilsners are the best, and so are blonds 8)

Sometimes I really miss Germany, but Pittsburgh has a German certified brewer, so I am doing better than most. If you are ever this way, you MUST try Penn Pilsner and/or Penn Dark (the two best brews he puts out).  They are just as good as the Euro-beers I had when living in Bitburg.

Curt:
Xentient Thumbnails (Freeware)A utility for replacing the generic icons of image files with thumbnail icons of the actual image. [Windows 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP] xentient.com/products/thumbnails/ -WhiteLion (May 12, 2007, 12:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is excellent! And the combination with QTTabBar's new thumbnail popups accellerates the pair to the absolute excellence, because now you don't have to 'search' for the right picture, but can see in a glance what might be the right one, and then just point at it, and up comes the BIG thumbnail from QT.

Sadly I cannot show you a screenshot of the QT thumbnail, but here is one (thumb) of the Xentient picturized icon thumbnails. Even though they are small it is a lot easier this way to locate what you are looking for:

Any freeware alternatives to Instant ThumbView?

http://xentient.com/products/thumbnails/

In that case, can I come over too?  Pilsners are the best, and so are blonds. :-)
Sometimes I really miss Germany, but Pittsburgh has a German certified brewer, so I am doing better than most. If you are ever this way, you MUST try Penn Pilsner and/or Penn Dark (the two best brews he puts out).  They are just as good as the Euro-beers I had when living in Bitburg. -steeladept (May 12, 2007, 02:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you have easy access to Penn Pilsner you need not go anywhere...
- except for a blonde :-)

By the way; Carlsberg and Tuborg are by far the two most sold beers from Denmark,
but by far not the two best... How come marketing is so more important than quality?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version