ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (54/112) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
*Screams in happiness*

OK, not really. But I really, really want to. Really. :P

I have been kinda doodling around in MS Visual Basic for the last 3 months or so, not really getting anywhere. I can drag and drop but that is about it. Well, I decided to take the dive into the new 2008 version, seeing as it is out of beta stage now.

After about 3 hours of installing (twice), I started dragging and dropping and screwing things up (as usual ;D) and figured I would try to recreate SnapSuite (still being done in AHK) in VB. So about a half an hour later, I can happily say that I think the next main program version will be done in VB!!! :D

I honestly had no idea what the heck I was getting into when I downloaded VB 05 back in early October. I still don't know most of what I am doing. But I want to figure it out so badly that if I don't I will drive myself mad until I do.

Right now I just figured out how to do quite a few things...

1) Rename a control (not the text part, but the control itself) and the code controlling that control
2) Add tabs to a tab control (it sounds dumb, but...well yea...)
3) Start a program! This was the main problem for me- I couldn't make anything DO anything. (And that obviously defeats the purpose of a program. Unless of course we're talking about Norton or AOL here...;D)

If anyone can help me out in VB Express 08 that would be greatly appreciated ;)

And also, Happy New Year all :)

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz:
SnapSuite 2008 Visual Basic Edition Alpha 1 Build 3 is now downloadable!

^ long name ^ :P

This is a basic release, just showcasing the new interface (yay!) and the ability to actually surf the web properly now. Not much works, but I am just looking for opinions on display and ease of navigation now. This is seperate from the standard (AHK) edition, so don't try to "update" to this (because I know someone will...;))

Notes:

Only Firefox, Opera and IE buttons work in AppLaunch.
AutoType tab is blank
FastNote does nothing yet (unless you copy and paste whatever you put in there)
MediaControl is blank
SmartBrowse is complete except the URL bar doesn't work (not a problem right now, it puts you at Google to make up for it)
SystemCare is blank
Updates is blank
About is blank

So obviously, not much is doing much, but it works. There are no bugs (:O) but if it doesn't do anything you can't really expect bugs... (once again, we aren't talking about Norton or AOL here ;D)

Also, credit where credit is due...
Wordzilla helped me a great deal getting started on this, so he needs a pat on the back :)
The icons used in the SmartBrowse tab are the FamFamFam Silk icons, I did not create them.

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz:
FYI...

If you get an error trying to run SnapSuite VB Edition, you need Microsoft .NET 3.5. You can get it here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=333325fd-ae52-4e35-b531-508d977d32a6&displaylang=en

Sorry about that! :-[

wreckedcarzz:
I am working hard on alpha 2 to get SystemCare working so that more people can transition over to this new version.

Here are a couple changes I have made:

- Added code in AppLaunch to ignore errors if you click a button to start an app you don't have
 - Added new buttons in much of the program, both toolbars and main panel
 - Added the SnapSuite icon
 - Made the GUI 75% transparent (100% being a normal window, 0% being invisible) [NOTE: This does not appear in the screenshot below- ScreenShot captor doesn't catch it for some reason :-\]
 - SystemCare works 5/8 of what you see in the screenshot below (totally new system for doing this)
 - Because of the new SystemCare setup, you can now schedule programs to run individually via Windows Task Scheduler (they run the same as from within SnapSuite itself)

-Brandon

Screenshot (no exe attatched, sorry):

wreckedcarzz:
I am still working to get this done, and am getting quite a bit of knowledge along the way :)

I am updating the website a little every week with new info, right now there is a new page on the features for the VB version of SnapSuite (see here: http://incredisims.com/snapsuitevbfeatures.aspx)

I am looking for any programs that anyone wants to see support for in AppLaunch before I call it final and work on other things.

Right now the current list of supported programs is...

* Firefox
* Opera
* Maxthon
* Netscape
* Safari
* K-Meleon
* Smartbrowse
* Internet Explorer
* Thunderbird
* Windows Mail (Vista)
* Windows Live Mail
* Outlook Express
* Microsoft Office Outlook
* The Bat!
* iTunes
* Songbird
* RealPlayer
* Foobar2000
* Windows Media Player
If you have an app you want to see in the list then just post here or send me a PM :)

-Brandon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version