ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (47/112) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
Well, I have been home sick the last few days, and just got out of the hospital yesterday (PM me if you want to know why, it's off-topic IMO). I gave the website a quick update, it doesn't LOOK very good, but it gives me an idea to work with. I have still been working on the program, slowly, but still working on it. I am changing the GUI a bit, but I don't have it complete so it doesn't make sense to post a picture yet.

Expect an update in about a week- I am taking it easy and whatnot. Today is also my birthday, so I don't plan to work on it today (I made a poll for birthday-months here https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=10758.0 if you want to vote for your month :)).

Be sure to look at the...updated website http://www.incredisims.com/ and tell me what you think. (I plan on getting better looking tabs soon, those were just a MSPaint job).

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz:
OK- this should make everyone (especially Curt ;)) a little happier. An uninstaller!

This is setup to be downloaded separately when you need it to be used, then just deleted once your done with it. Quick, painless, and explains any problems it encounters to the user. A logical uninstaller.

Test it out and let me know what you think. :) :feedback:

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz:
OK, looking for anyone fluent in AHK to tell me what the heck I am doing wrong here. Spent like...4 days (I think) on this darn thing and it JUST WONT WORK!!! >:( :tellme: :o :'(

The idea is a working loading sequence, that I have accomplished. Everything is great, except...

the loading bar doesn't appear!

(I added comments after the ";" in the code lines explaining what the stuff does, so even if you don't know the AHK language you *might* be able to help) :Thmbsup:

--- ---;Loading GUI
 Gui,97: Add, Text, , CompuTech SnapSuite is loading...     ;Adds text "CompuTech SnapSuite is loading" to the window
 Gui,97: Add, Progress, vSnapSuiteLoadingProgress w300 h32     ;Adds (supposedly) the loadingbar, under the variable SnapSuiteLoadingProgress. The bar is 300 pixels wide by 32 tall.
 Gui,97: Show, Center, CompuTech SnapSuite is loading...     ;Shows the window, with the title "CompuTech SnapSuite is loading..." in the center of the screen.
 GuiControl,, SnapSuiteLoadingProgress, +50     ;Makes the progress bar add 50%
 Sleep 5000     ;Sleeps 5 seconds
 ExitApp     ;Exits the testing bar program...whatever you want to call it
(please note: the ExitApp & Sleep 5000 were for testing purposes, so I wouldn't have to wait for it to load the window up EVERY time I tested it (about 50 times so far :o))

Can someone test that and show me it working (or not)? I cannot get it to work, and it is starting to really get me wanting to go scream into a pillow or something (don't ask me why...I don't even know ;D) EDIT: I guess thats what a week of little to no sleep gets you :P

Ideas? Errors? Anything??? :tellme:

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz:
Well I still havn't fixed the darn loading bar...got not idea whats wrong with it. Maybe some time to debug in a "new" program will fix it. :-\ :read:

Anyways...

I haven't stopped working, despite the lower amount of forum posts. I just updated the sequence for SnapSuite's handling of the FileHippo.com Update Checker, and I am going to look into doing a few (little) extra things like that, just to make it that (little) much nicer. :)

Still (and always) taking feedback!

-Brandon

EDIT: I just got done doing a little touch-up work. I took every MsgBox (Message Box) and made it a little more detailed and easier to understand, and then I took the ENTIRE script and SPELL CHECKED it. That was madness. But now I fixed a whopping 2 spelling errors, and have a new dictionary database for checking my AHK scripts. :P Worth it though. :)

EDIT 2: I also removed the F5 and F11 hotkeys from AutoType. These are commonly used keys for other programs, most notably web browsers (F5 refreshes, F11 toggles full-screen). You can notice the large difference in buttons from the GUI (each took ~30 pixels).

wreckedcarzz:
Update to above post...

I am stopping at a stable build (Alpha 1 Build #121). This version adds the following...

* Now has easier to understand message boxes.
* UAC disabler improved
* Icons moved to center above columns
* "Media Controls" and "Updates/Help/Donate" sub-columns widened. AutoType and TaskbarTime columns made shorter.
* Media control buttons are now labeled
* Media control buttons are now centered at 3 pixels apart
* Removed F5 and F11 hotkeys from AutoType listings. These keys are usually hotkeys for web browsers, and needed to be removed.
* Everything spell-checked
* Loading sequence added, optimized
* SnapSuite splash screen reduced to 3 seconds
* Removed some unneeded code
* JkDefrag Version 3.29 added
* Some other small stuff I can't remember
Expect Alpha 2 to appear soon with new graphics* and more user-understandable feature updates.

For now, download away (you can use the Updater button "Update SnapSuite" but you will have to fetch the updated JkDefrag manually from either the JkDefrag website (http://www.kessels.com/JkDefrag/JkDefrag-3.29.zip) or from the Maze Craze site (http://mazecraze.dcisv.com/SnapSuite/JkDefrag.exe). New users can just download the downloader/installer below.

*New graphics may or may not be completed.

EDIT: Removed link, latest version below (or click here... https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8345.0;attach=24184)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version