ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (32/112) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
OK, so...yea

MY BAD!

Anyways, here is what happened:

I went to a friends birthday party [bla bla bla] and installed EasyControl on his PC
I showed him how to use it [bla bla bla] and went to run the automatic maintenance
Upon closing CleanUp!, I was presented with an error :o :o :o stating that, in a simplified way, I am a complete idiot

Afterwards, I fixed the bug (I had EasyControl trying to open the wrong directory for Abexo) and found another one (EasyControl opens NTREGOPT while defragging! :tellme:)
So I fixed that as well

HOPEFULLY during my test run (right after posting this) I will not encounter any bugs (cross your fingers :))

Please un-install then re-install for this update (sorry, but it will save you some disk space, too)

Thanks all, hopefully nothing else goes wrong (I feel dumb as it is :P)

-Brandon

(Download above, or here: http://mazecraze.dcisv.com/CompuTech%20CommandCenter%20Install.exe)

wreckedcarzz:
Patches...patches...and more patches! And, with improvements, come bugs. The circle of life. ;D

Here is the current changes for the 3.4 release coming as of the 15th...

Main changes:

CCleaner 2.0 support! - Fully supported, with a couple improvements

LOSS OF SUPPORT FOR 800x600 - this was unfortunate, if anyone here uses 800x600, I will gladly make a script just for you. This was caused by the following change.

CommandCenter GUI - Graphics are coming to the User Interface! pictures are always good, and now the "main menu" program has the program icons to guide you quicker to your desired application

CommandCenter simplified - in conjunction with the above change, this combines the text and buttons in one in an attempt to save space (this allowed me to barely keep 1024x768 support, otherwise only 1280x1024 would be able to see all the options)

EasyControl bug fixed - Abexo just hates me; this fix fixes the bug created by another previous bugfix, allowing Abexo to now clean your registry and close itself properly.

Misc changes: (I try to make at least 1 change per program every night before bed, and its working quite well)

CommandCenter: Smaller buttons, cleaner interface

EasyChatClear - "EasyClear" portion now has larger buttons for easier use in emergencies. (Expect more hotkeys/larger tray menu for the same reason)

EasyControl - Tweaked code, updated version numbers, etc. Nothing really noticeable by most.

EasyOpen - Changed little things in code, nothing much.

EDIT: Check out the added screenshot! :) (screenshot updated)

Curt:
Answers to your questions:

2: I use CrossLoop, a new free remote assistance program that encrypts all communication with 128 bit encryption. It is not hosted by SF but does use VNC.

-Brandon -wreckedcarzz (May 03, 2007, 05:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrossLoop is showing a newly made tutorial on how to use CrossLoop.

wreckedcarzz:
Answers to your questions:

2: I use CrossLoop, a new free remote assistance program that encrypts all communication with 128 bit encryption. It is not hosted by SF but does use VNC.

-Brandon -wreckedcarzz (May 03, 2007, 05:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrossLoop is showing a newly made tutorial on how to use CrossLoop.

-Curt (September 15, 2007, 11:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Cool, I saw one of the videos but I didn't know that they were also on YouTube. Ill be sure to show people that the next time they need to know how to set CrossLoop up!

Update news:
Well it is Saturday (my now official update day), and I am happy with the improvements that have been done. I have made the following changes (including the ones above)...

(Mainly EasyControl stuff, I can't think of anything else to work on)

Changed code to use CCleaner better

IObit SmartDefrag is now not included - JkDefrag is included and installed with EasySuite and went into play like a dream
(Reason: I noticed a significant speed increase after about 10 days of JkDefrag usage on multiple computers)

Setup (for automatic maintenance) is now easier, I used my GetRightToGo download manager builder and added that into the setup. Now when it needs to download files, it will run and close itself automatically, then just click next and start the next download!

Couple misc changes

-----

Current work: Updater, WinFix, couple other large things (be a while until next update, thank god ;D)
(I may also (MAYBE) work to convert everything to C++...maybe. I am headed to DC's Developer Corner now to have a look. If I do, it will take a while; I want to get it right the first time)

For broadband users:
The download is hosted, once again, at the Maze Craze site, and you can get it from here...
http://www.mazecraze.dcisv.com/CompuTech EasySuite Install Full.exe
or by going to
http://www.incredisims.com/ and clicking the Get the latest version! button

For dialup users:
The download is hosted, once again, at the Maze Craze site, and you can get it from here...
http://www.mazecraze.dcisv.com/CompuTech EasySuite Install Mini.exe

So, in case of confusion, this is the programs the automatic maintenance uses:

CCleaner 2.0
CleanUp! 4.2
Abexo Free Registry Cleaner
IObit Advanced WindowsCare V2 Personal (or professional, if you have that)
JkDefrag
NTREGOPT

So the changes are...
Uninstall Eusing Free Registry Cleaner, download Abexo Free Registry Cleaner by Googling it or by running the setup and clicking the button to download it

Uninstall IObit SmartDefrag- JkDefrag is included and ready to go out-of-the-box :)

Feedback/questions/comments always welcome (by posting, email, PM (I am not sure if my PM is working right now) or IM)
-Brandon

EDIT: Fixed links

wreckedcarzz:
Update, once again. But not this week!

Not much done, but I am working on a few of my final goals here. Here is plans & what I have done so far...

What has been done:
Automatic install (new users only) - download, run, and start it. The program does the rest!
Added a functionality for EasyControl...can't remember it right now :-\
100% automatic "Updater" - it is, but it isn't... (I don't consider downloading and installing the latest version an "updater", it should check the versions first, but thats in the works now)

What is planned/being done:

------------------------------------
| Key:                                        |
| :) = 75%+ likely to appear soon  |
| :-\ = 50%+ likely                       |
| >:( = 25%+ likely                       |
------------------------------------

:-\ Automatic setup for the long and boring EasyMaintenance?
 :) Portable version!
 >:( Fix WinFix...
 :) Simplify any/all processes - automate it all!
 :) Automatic/schedulable 100% automatic exe for EasyControl - reboot and shutdown versions

So basically, I am working on it, but at least another week. I got a load of school stuff to brush off first, and I'll get working on this asap.

(I did say final goals, I don't have any further plans with this right now. Ideas are welcome, as always, and I will do what I can to implement them. Maze Craze will be another few months, minimum. I was hoping for a Christmas version, but that's not happening anytime soon :( MAZE CRAZE LEVELS ARE WELCOME, I will post this in that topic as well!)

Ideas, questions, comments, problems, bugs, donations ;), or help requests are always welcome (and requested!)
-Brandon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version