ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (30/112) > >>

Curt:
Download here: http://cid-7f064ff4383859eb.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/CompuTech%20CompleteControl%20Install.exe -wreckedcarzz (August 27, 2007, 08:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wow; 9.6 MB - this new baby sure is "not tiny"! However, the first time I clicked this link I was taken to Windows Live which required me to tell when I was born and where I live, so it should not come as a surprise if someone will cancel the download, leaving you with fewer testers...

-

I have been puzzled by the buttons EasyChat and EasyHold, and more, but so far I have refused to push those buttons, because I know no programs with such names. Now I see that your new DC signature is linking to those programs, but maybe you should tell a little here about these apps? Edit: I for one will never follow a link unless some text first made me interested.

wreckedcarzz:
Wow; 9.6 MB - this new baby sure is "not tiny"! However, the first time I clicked this link I was taken to Windows Live which required me to tell when I was born and where I live, so it should not come as a surprise if someone will cancel the download, leaving you with fewer testers...

-

I have been puzzled by the buttons EasyChat and EasyHold, and more, but so far I have refused to push those buttons, because I know no programs with such names. Now I see that your new DC signature is linking to those programs, but maybe you should tell a little here about these apps? Edit: I for one will never follow a link unless some text first made me interested.
-Curt (August 30, 2007, 09:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hi Curt, let me clear up some stuff...

First of all, Windows Live should NOT require you to login or register :o as I have tried it and it doesn't ask me, however it is a beta program, so :-\

I am aware of the...size of the file. Unfortunately. I can't really make it smaller, I have been pushing that point for a while, but it is a lot smaller then installing all the programs individually, so it is an improvement, nonetheless.

The buttons, ahh, buttons. Very shiny. ;D
Ill give a quick overview of the new programs that are now included in the "package" program idea...
(this is from the newest version to be released in the next couple days, but I am trying to explain the current version's buttons also):

EasyChat (named EasyChat n Clear in latest build) - this is my little app for making and saving custom text for later automatic typing. Open, click the key (F2-F12) button you want to assign the text to, type away, and click Apply. Then hit the key at any time and see your text entered instantly. :)

EasyHold (now part of SimpleOpen in latest build) - this was a request in my "Computer jokeware..." topic. Start the program, type a popular drink (including Coke, Pepsi, Sprite, Dr. Pepper, beer :o ;D and a couple more) and watch your computer make a cup holder for you!

IM Clear (now a part of EasyChat n Clear in the latest build) - Clears instant message/chat session text from prying eyes. Mainly for teenagers like me who have folks that are a little too nozy at times. ;)

SimpleStart (named SimpleOpen in latest build) - my little FARR alternative/basic app launcher/system manager (includes options to open/close disk drives, check free space, turn up/down or mute volume, open My Computer, open Recycle Bin, open Control panel, and more. Its a complex yet simple program, driven by its tray menu (includes a basic GUI, as well).

WinFix - my Dr. Windows replacment. (Don't use it yet.) It works the exact same way as Dr. Windows, and has many of the same/similar "errors". Has a code bug that keeps the errors from coming up (except the "could not open file or document" error :P)

The TinyUrl.com links are to the pages explaining the programs, not direct downloads. They all point to various pages on my site (http://www.incredisims.com/).

All the programs, except WinFix, work flawlessly (knock on wood). I have had a couple little problems with them, but just because of Spyware Terminator's realtime shield and Vista's UAC. Nothing caused by my end of it.

Hope I helped out, I may change the link so its not some annoying register stuff >:(

-Brandon

Darwin:
First of all, Windows Live should NOT require you to login or register  as I have tried it and it doesn't ask me, however it is a beta program, so
--- End quote ---

I get this cursed behaviour with Notepad dialogues of all things. I have not yet figured out what is going on, but it first requires me to click "cancel" on a number of requests to log into a webdav folder from work and then switches to two requests to log into Live. I'd love to figure out why this is so as well. As I never use notepad (EditPad Pro and ultraedit for me!), I've never followed up very diligently. Perhaps I will now...

wreckedcarzz:
First of all, Windows Live should NOT require you to login or register  as I have tried it and it doesn't ask me, however it is a beta program, so
--- End quote ---

I get this cursed behaviour with Notepad dialogues of all things. I have not yet figured out what is going on, but it first requires me to click "cancel" on a number of requests to log into a webdav folder from work and then switches to two requests to log into Live. I'd love to figure out why this is so as well. As I never use notepad (EditPad Pro and ultraedit for me!), I've never followed up very diligently. Perhaps I will now...
-Darwin (August 30, 2007, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
Its all a big plan, run my Mr. Gates himself. Were all doomed ;D

Darwin:
Heh, heh - you're not alone in harbouring these conspiracy theories about M$!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version