ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (19/112) > >>

Curt:
I am on vacation -wreckedcarzz (July 24, 2007, 10:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Recode the WHOLE thing, from scratch, using new knowledge, adding lots of features. -wreckedcarzz (July 24, 2007, 10:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am working on that now. -wreckedcarzz (July 24, 2007, 11:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
:o

You really should take a vacation from your "vacation", you workoholic...

You can now just clean ... or just optimize ..., run the all automatic programs ... just turn off/reboot your computer ... open Control Panel, Task Manager, run a check of your hard drive, scan for viruses/spyware/adware/malware/etc, protect your computer from viruses and spyware, and more. -wreckedcarzz (July 24, 2007, 11:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wow! :up:

wreckedcarzz:
Yea, my vacation is a bit...strange. A mile from the ocean and I am sitting in front of my laptop, typing away. ;D Thats me, I guess. :P
But I am working on testing the program now- there were lots of small bugs, but it looks like it is working exactly like it should. I tested the AutoMaintenance w/shutdown at the end last night, and it works perfectly. The links are all good, and the instructions are clearer. Hopefully I will be able to test it all out and have it up tomorrow or the day after.

P.S.:
1) I am most likely adding automatic Windows Defender functionality, also- so you won't have to use the web-based service (although, IMO, Windows Defender is mediocre/poor in comparison).

2) The updating for Microsoft products/Windows is in there, too, as well as the ability to launch Apple Software Update and the FileHippo Update Checker, so the updating feature has NOT been lost. :)

EDIT: I am testing this on my Windows XP SP2 fully updated machine, and will test it on my Windows Vista fully updated machine in about 9 days when I get back home. Vista users may see problems, but I *highly* doubt it.

Curt:
Brandon, is there any way you can / will have EasyControl executing this Shutdown procedure by (option) handling it to Process Explorer? My reason for asking is that I have tested a lot of "Shutdown Managers", and I am certain that when I have Process Explorer replacing Windows' Task Manager   then Process Explorer by far is the most trustworthy app-closing app  I have tried: there are almost never any programs not saving and closing properly.

One problem that I know of is that Process Explorer Shutdown uses the annoying "do you really want to shutdown?" box  that has to be clicked.

:tellme:

Now, get to that beach!!!

wreckedcarzz:
No, I use the AHK shutdown command, not Window's built-in shutdown.exe program. However, I don't think Process Explorer will have the time to react before it shuts down, as it gives no warning (other then telling you) unlike the "shutdown.exe -s -t 30" command. I don't use Process Explorer, but if you can, you may want to have it ignore the program so it doesn't have problems (just in case).

wreckedcarzz:
OK, here it is- complete with splash loading screen, icon, new interface, installer, and a lot more. I have looked over it and it appears to be working properly, but as of now I'll call it a RC until everything is verified.
Enough talk! More download! :)

EDIT: I found a bug! I spelled something wrong! :o Fixing now... :)

EDIT 2: All fixed, and Windows Defender functionality added & tested. If you were the 1 person who downloaded the previous version, please UNINSTALL before you install the new version (VERY important)!

Enjoy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version