ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (17/112) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
Yes, I have had that startup cleaner problem also when I tested it. It is doing it's job, though.

OK, everyone cheer. Not really. But, I have added some more things into the program, made it smaller (in screen size), easier to use and an about/donation link. I am going to test it soon and, if it works, upload it.

If your curious, here is what has changed (in detail):
The 5 sections (download, install, run, update, about/donate) are now split up into buttons, so you don't have a 50 page long window taking up your screen.
Windows/Microsoft Update added (not automatic, but it takes you there and you simply hit update).
iTunes/QuickTime/other Apple products updater is now available (not automatic, just click update).
Other program update- this is setup strangely, as when you click it, it launches IE/FF/Opera/Maxthon/K-Meleon/Iceweasel/etc and takes you to the FileHippo Update Checker download (the file itself) and you simply click run (or Save, if you have no Run) and let it show you what you should update.
Added the donate button, takes you straight to my donate page here at DC.
Added an About section- I kinda simply messed around in there ("Unfortunately, no rights reserved") ;D

FYI: It is best to run all the programs manually first to set options/hide dialog boxes/etc, then from then on run the Automatic one.

Afterthought: I am going to add more tray notices to let you know how long it will take until the next step.

EDIT: It now includes an option to launch Trend Micro's Housecall virus/trojan/spyware/malware/worm/port scanning and removal utility. It isn't automated at this time, however.

EDIT 2: It now also deletes the setup files from your desktop after install :)

EDIT 3: It now also includes a built-in uninstaller in case you don't want one of the programs.

EDIT 4: Now includes options to either reboot or shut down at end of automatic maintenance.

I will upload the program here momentarily...

EDIT: PLEASE DOWNLOAD NEW VERSIONS ON PAGE 5. Thank you! :)

tomos:
sounds great :up: & getting better!
how about throwing in dcupdater in there for luck  :P

wreckedcarzz:
My dad saw me working on this today before I uploaded it, and he asked me at least 3 times if I typed it all myself ;D

As far as the dcupdater, I didn't know about it :o so I am reading up now and might ask mouser about adding it in...looks really cool. I am also thinking about integrating Skrommel's amazing DelEmpty to this, have to make sure its OK with him first, though too.

Anyone have suggestions for other things I can add? Automation is my goal for everything, but the speed limitations of UNMAINTAINED COMPUTERS :P, dialup, snails, etc keep me from being able to automate things. Maybe a "recommended software" area, for programs like Firefox, Thunderbird, OpenOffice, Pidgin, etc?

(Known bug: After you open the program and Close it (X), you can't get it back up. I am going to add a hotkey to make it appear in the next version.)

EDIT: Does anyone have Vista and have the UAC (aka User Annoyance Creator ;D) enabled and get a message while running this? I don't have UAC enabled, so...yea...anyone?

Curt:
Brandon, would you mind explaining why you have included both CCleaner AND CleanUp! ?

tomos:
Automation is my goal for everything, but the speed limitations of UNMAINTAINED COMPUTERS :P, dialup, snails, etc keep me from being able to automate things.-wreckedcarzz (July 20, 2007, 02:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
you could produce a dialup version & a broadband one  :-\

Maybe a "recommended software" area, for programs like Firefox, Thunderbird, OpenOffice, Pidgin, etc?
--- End quote ---
dont understand?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version