ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (14/112) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
I haven't personally experienced problems with it - with Windows Vista I have had some odd bugs though, but I haven't really linked them to a source yet. I just (right now) looked through CCleaner's list of things to clean/delete and I didn't see anything about startup options (unless it fixed them in the registry cleaning part).

If you just use the Cleaner part of the program, then check for and install any updates and see if that fixes it.

If you use the registry cleaner part of the program, then make sure your running the newest version, if not then update and check to see if it is fixed, otherwise if you have the new version and it still does it then open up CCleaner, click the little Issues tab (with the big registry icon block thing) and uncheck the "Run at Startup" scan. Then see if that works.

I will look at EasyClean - see if that does a better job then CCleaner.

-Brandon

EDIT: I found a program called EasyCleaner, and it looked like a really good program but I can't test/use it because it isn't compatible with Windows Vista :(. And it apparantly hasn't been updated in a while, as the website shows (according the the site, he uses the Sygate firewall, and I also used that before Norton bought Sygate about 2 years or so ago (maybe 3, I'm not really sure).

wreckedcarzz:
Bump/info/input requested post...

I am looking at changing the registry cleaner back, as the current one doesn't seem to do as good of a job (correct me if I am wrong). Should it stay as-is or change back to Free Registry Cleaner? Or maybe even try the one in CCleaner?

I am thinking about changing the IObit SmartDefrag to JkDefrag. JkDefrag is a lot smaller, more configurable and easier to use, but I don't know how good of a job it does (I am testing it on my desktop computer at the moment).

Anyways, anyone in need of repair or anything? I have been working on my computers here at home a lot lately, and (As soon as I say this its going to come back and bite me...) I now have a couple of days open if anyone needs help.

As far as hardware goes, I can now help out with buying/installing/exchanging:
RAM
Graphics Cards (AGP and PCIe)
Power Supply Units
Optical Drives
Hard Drives
Setup Wireless/Wired LAN networks (I am not sure about Static IPs, however) (this can be done remotely, via CrossLoop)
and others (sound cards, for example).

And as far as Linux/Windows goes,
I can now help you upgrade and get used to Windows Vista/some Linux distributions and get ready for a PC crash or disaster. (These have to be explained through Instant Messages, because I can't remotely insert RAM, install an operating system, or format a hard drive :P).

Happy computing,
-Brandon

EDIT: And also you can add me onto your AIM (AOL Instant Messenger)/WLM (Windows Live Messenger)/Yahoo!/Xfire buddy lists. I use Pidgin (http://www.pidgin.im/) and I am almost always online on all of the above (unless I am sleeping or away).

wreckedcarzz:
I decided to take a break from Maze Craze and work on the AutoMaintenance program (and the setup).
In the last 2 hours I have re-written both of them and am finalizing and testing them now. If all goes well (gulp :P) then the whole thing will give less-intrusive information, more information, both the setup and maintenance itself will be automated, and it should run much better.
*Crosses Fingers*
Lets hope...
-Brandon

Curt:
Brandon; on the Maze Craze Homepage you link to http://www.headlightsoftwareinc.com/ - but none of my browsers can find that page. Is the company / server dead, or the link wrong?

wreckedcarzz:
The link is wrong, unfortunately, however I am launching a new site version shortly and that fixes this problem. :) The real link is http://www.headlightinc.com/ :-[
My mistake

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version