ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (4/112) > >>

Curt:
I'm surprised by Danish "again" being offered for OpenOffice. Maybe it was my Danish supplier who gave up OpenOffice, and not the other way around? Danish or not; I will have to overcome a certain part of myself (the $$$ part) if I should dump Office 2003, as I have paid big time money for the collection, and did so at a time when I had very little money (except for this day, of course). Anyway; Thanks for the tip!

About memory: Thanks for the PM, dk70.  :up:
I should tell that the kind I have is "Single channel DDR2-533 SDRAM"

Curt:
It turns out I must have misunderstood some info earlier given to me.
As far as I understand the new info, I have TWO 'sockets' / banks / slots, or whatever,  - places to place the RAM, and they are both so 'small' they can only carry 512 MB each.

- Isn't that what this test is telling:

?

To the best of my understanding this means that I can only have 2 x 512 MB. Would the advices I have been given here at DC be any different if you knew about this info?

To my surprise Crucial offered no updates for my graphic card either; there seems to be a problem concerning the slot for the grahics:

?
I am almost certain it is not becuase the grahic card is all up to date! (?) But what then?!

:tellme:

Curt:
The graphic Card:

* Graphic Card: VIA/S3G Unichrome Pro Integrated (takes 64 MB from the RAM)

* GPU Code Name: UniChrome Pro  (Integrated 1106 / 3344, Rev 01)

* GPU Speed: 200 MHz
-------

Can one buy extra virtual memory?
Right now I am doing very little, but Everest tells me this:

Phys' mem:
Total: 446 MB
Used: 394 MB
Free:   52 MB
88 %

Swap / Pagefile:
Total: 1052 MB
Used:   909 MB
Free:    142 MB
86 %

Virtuel Mem:
Total: 1498 MB
Used: 1303 MB
Free:   194 MB
87 %

I need memory! - and so does my PC   :-[

wreckedcarzz:
Curt, the graphics card is irrelevant if you are just upgrading your ram - the scanner says something similar when I scan my computer. Basically, all the results are showing is that you can have another 512MB of RAM, but Crucial doesn't know exactly what model/carry any for your system. (I just used the Scan ID to visit the page for your system scan). It does have an area where you can fill in your computer info so they can ensure that they have the correct RAM available:
"Our System Scanner was able to find some of the data we need to make a recommendation, but we need more information to ensure a compatible match."
If you want to try that, you can go back to your system scan results here:
http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/viewscanbyid.aspx?id=941BD44031D926C3&tabid=&pagename=
And no, around 1GB is a good solid system, so any advise would be pretty much the same (I only have 768MB myself).
-Brandon :)

wreckedcarzz:
Virtual memory? No you can't buy virtual memory, BUT you can utilize the Hard Drive to create Virtual Memory...
to do this:
Start
Control Panel
Performance and Maintenance
System
Advanced (tab)
Performance Settings (1st button)
Advanced (tab)
Change (last button)
Select either System Managed Size (if you don't know how much to have for virtual RAM) or set a Custom Size min/max (like 1024MB for an extra GB)
Then hit Set (button) and OK/close everything
Restart

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version