ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (2/112) > >>

Curt:
Is the starting path for Outlook really supposed to be:

C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{91120406-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}\outicon.exe

?? 
- it won't start!

:tellme:

wreckedcarzz:
Curt...
No, Outlook is SUPPOSED to start in C:\ (or system directory drive) Program Files\Outlook Express\outlook.exe
Are you using LaunchBar Commander/RocketDock/ObjectDock?
Reset the path and try again.
I am also scanning your list of programs now and I see a couple I haven't heard of so I will check on those.

---EDIT---
AH HAH! ROCKETDOCK! Check the start options on that and it should fix it!

As far as the growing system problems...
So far the only conflict I am seeing is the 2 time programs...nothing really "bad" at all... :huh:

wreckedcarzz:
Well Curt, there are no conflicts that I can see, but if all/most those are running at the same time, that may be your problem!

Just a quick look into my computer...
Intel Pentium 4 1.6GHz
768MB RAM
2 startup items (LaunchBar Commander and my own personal AHK program)
It only takes me 45 seconds to reboot and be ready for anything (completely)

If may be because you don't use any 3rd party programs to keep your system in good shape (Microsoft's built-in programs are NOT enough to take care of any machine!). If so, I can fix it up, but just try to disable ALL startup programs other then 100% required and see how it goes. If there isn't much of a change, I will be happy to take a look. :)
-Brandon

Curt:
.... my computer... Intel Pentium 4 1.6GHz 768MB RAM - 2 startup items (LaunchBar Commander and my own personal AHK program)
It only takes me 45 seconds to reboot and be ready for anything (completely)-wreckedcarzz (May 04, 2007, 07:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

45 seconds???!!!   :o

- but I have grown so custom to / fun of all these nice little features! I truly believe that I NEED to have every one of these programs in Start 

Well, calm down, Curt; easy now! ..... I did disable even more programs from Start, and Outlook is again starting as it is supposed to. I have not yet pinpointed which sinner caused the malfunction, but I will. Also Word is again working properly; I have been missing this fine program.

But still it takes me 8-12 seconds to open any folder in Explorer, so SOMETHING must be wrong!?? Could it be something entirely different? Like, say, Settings: handle Explorer and Programs as two threads, not as one thread (or how the English wording may be)?

Curt:
... use any 3rd party programs to keep your system in good shape (Microsoft's built-in programs are NOT enough to take care of any machine!). If so, I can fix it up,

-Brandon
-wreckedcarzz (May 04, 2007, 07:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

You are more than welcome!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version