ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (109/112) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
@Texaslady: I sent you a PM with some instructions. Let me know how it works out. :)

Back to programs:
FloorIt 1.0 is going to be released Friday. I am checking for updated utilities now (the ones that FloorIt uses) so that everything is as up to date as possible.

GoOS is going to have some updates here in the next month, possibly a public beta. Not sure at this time though, depends on the time I have to devote on it.

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz:
OK, I am almost done with SnapSuite 2009 (Final) - it uses all my new applications (FloorIt, MiniBrowse and PlayMe 2.3), as well as the OLD installer (the single click one). This makes it [the install process] non-customizable, however it makes it easier for everyone: most people don't worry about where a program is installed to, and the install is faster than it was previously. It is easier for me because I don't have to tinker with my FTP program, or worry about convoluted updates. So yes, it has its flaws and drawbacks, but in most cases it is better than the more complex route.

Overall, it is a nice release, and runs much better than the alpha versions I had (I redid the solution from scratch, bringing over the GUI and code as I "refreshed" it to be more readable (code) and more logical (GUI layout)).

Download:

Anyways, if you absolutely MUST have the new version RIGHT NOW (3 months early :P), feel free to click here and click the "Install" button. SnapSuite will notify you of updates as I roll them out to the server. SS is prepared for "enable updates", where as I complete various portions of the program, I enable the options to allow access. If it isn't enabled (grayed out), it isn't ready yet. :)

Any last second feedback, thoughts or feelings: give them to me ASAP! I am ready to make the 2010 version, so if I don't know about something you would like to see changed, it won't happen in this years version. :tellme:

ENJOY!
-Brandon

wreckedcarzz:
I'll be pushing out a new version of SnapSuite soon (well, an update, since it isn't complete yet, so it's not really a new version... anyways...) with a couple new changes, and the installer including checks/auto-installing for .NET 2.0 and 3.0 (in addition to the standard 3.5 and Windows Installer 3.1). This is simply to help update computers lacking the technology.

I am working to get BasicBrowse done, but Walt has a couple additions he is working on for it (I don't know what the heck happened to Easy Browse Beta...it was looking really good :-\). So that's on hold until the new additions are finished.

I would give a time, but each time I say it'll be done in X days, it takes like 5x that long, and still isn't done, so I'll keep quiet. :P

EDIT: Mouser presented an intriguing program idea to me... I'm pondering what to do - more details later.

wreckedcarzz:
The browser wars are on! Say what???

OK, it's official, Walt wants to show me up with his browser. When you stop laughing, continue reading (just kidding :P).

Unfortunately, Walt's browser looks good, and MiniBrowse looks... Windows ME, anyone (with a dash of 98SE on the side)? But I still have options, and a tray icon + menu... but his browser sports Favorites and History (I think?). But why do you want that, when you can have it (history, cookies, etc) cleaned up for you on exit, a-la Firefox, in MiniBrowse?

Idiotic, semi l33t (;D :P) conversation about this...
Spoiler(Edited to clean out NSFW material :-[)[20:58] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: visual vs freaking overly functional
[Passing time]: ...
[21:00] Walt: and mines gonna function
[21:00] Walt: Beautifully
[21:00] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: :P
[21:00] Walt: FavoritesPanel close button now coded :D
[21:02] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: i was so happy to get the settings working
[21:02] Walt: How'd you do it?
[21:03] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: just does checks based on each thing
[21:03] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: when u click save
[21:03] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: it like
[21:03] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: does w/e it needs to
[21:03] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: based on the checked property
[21:03] Walt: Does it write to txt file??
[21:03] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: of each checkbox
[21:03] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: no
[21:03] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: stored in the exe
[21:03] Walt: So are the settings permanent?
[21:03] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: ye
[21:03] Walt: How in the **** do you do that?!
[21:03] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: *laughs evilly*
[21:03] Walt: Thats it
[21:03] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: 1 file application
[21:04] Walt: This is mo ****** war
[21:04] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: :)
[21:04] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: lol
[21:04] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: XD
[21:04] Walt: I proclaim this
[21:04] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: LOL
[21:04] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: XD
[21:04] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: XDXDXDXD
[21:04] Walt: BROWSER WAR
[21:04] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: LOL
[21:04] [ToW] Wreckedcarzz: i r gun post this @ DC lmfao

--- End quote ---

Here is an up-to-date image of both (click for full size)...

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer helpSnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

And please ignore my complete ignorance in promoting Firefox (at least) 3x in my image... :-[ :o ;D :P

This could get interesting... EDIT: And funny :P

-Brandon

EDIT: In response to Walt's below post... that was kind of random... (NSFW)
SpoilerYou might have an AK-47, but this is all that's left of you
SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

Loki15:
Pulls out AK 47.. I call this my "browser"! *Points gun at Brandon's browser* Say hello to my little friend!!!! Ooo pwned.  :P Brandon, your a great friend, and your an even better programmer, so I'm gonna get my *** kicked worse then Shamrock did when he fought Tito for the 3rd time.  But I'm gonna atleast try to give you a challenge, so all I can say is lets get this **** on!  ;D

P.S : Mez iz a n3wb! Lolz!! bUt mez is lik3 s0 ub3r l33t youz just can't hang, 0k@y?!

I have a feeling were embarking on a very jackass like battle. Stay tuned, this is gonna be fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version