ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (108/112) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
MiniBrowse uses a large *UM pops up* amount of RAM: 2 tabs *UM pops up* open after 15 minutes *UM pops up* of browsing, and 50MB is used. *UM pops up*

I would say something doesn't *UM pops up* smell right. Time to code...

(UM is referring to Veign's Usage Monitor, and it popped up that many times (5) while typing this because MiniBrowse is now using 52MB (50 was the alert limit). It helps immensely :) (I'm forgetful))

I was actually hoping to upload a working EXE with this post, being all happy about this working so well... but I don't think that 50MB for 2 tabs is really appropriate. (Comparison: FF 3.0.1 with several addons, at the main DC Forum page (not logged in), and the Start Page, is only about 39.5MB). :-\ :(

wreckedcarzz:
I sent out betas to friends for testing on normal usage (as well as abnormal) earlier this evening (my time). No bugs found that were related to MiniBrowse (one IE bug that I can't do anything about, and one weird bug that looks like it came from an older .NET version, but it sure isn't a MB problem...).

So far so good. No progress on the RAM problem yet, but I did read that part of that is overhead from .NET... nonetheless, I plan to do whatever I can to un-bloat MB.

Made some major tab control changes, works much better than before (similar to Firefox, but the first tab is un-closeable, like IE7). I have a LONG list of things I would like to add, but I would say 80% of them will never make it past the TXT file they are in; this is due to lack of knowledge and desire to complete them.

Anyways... stable: yes. Ready: not quite. PM me if your curious about it and want a copy, but it isn't anything to write home about (unless you like minimalistic software, like me). I was going to upload a video of it working, but I couldn't get my video capture software to cooperate with me. I'll try again in a day or so.

Veign:
(UM is referring to Veign's Usage Monitor, and it popped up that many times (5) while typing this because MiniBrowse is now using 52MB (50 was the alert limit). It helps immensely :) (I'm forgetful))
-wreckedcarzz (September 10, 2008, 10:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Glad its useful to you.

wreckedcarzz:
The browser is holding its own, still no real solution to the RAM issue, so it is an addition to the "list".

Back to SnapSuite: I am finishing off the 2009 version, and it looks mighty professional IMO. I am bug testing a small addition to PlayMe right now, and it looks great. All code is being looked over, all control naming conventions confirmed. From a coding standpoint, I believe it is solid. From a UI standpoint, it could use some work, but it is such an immense fix to SS 2008's *****y UI that I don't see it as a problem - it isn't bad, just somewhat abnormal at first.

At this point, with the exception of SmartBrowse 2.4 (the final version it appears, Mini is taking over as a much better alternative), if I can't fix a problem within a few minutes, I am chucking the feature. The Notes 2.1 typing speed monitor has been the first to get the boot - it worked great, but made a strange conflict (see here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=14669.0).

If you used SnapSuite 2008, and you have NOT used the 2009 alpha versions, this is a huge change - but 100% for the better. The only thing that 2008 has that 2009 lacks is screen capture functionality.

I want to finish this up and get the final alpha (3) out to everyone to make sure it meets approval. GoOS is currently moving slowly (ironic: "Go" moving slowly), but it will be the next major project I do. I have a desktop selection tool in the works that has a nice simple UI just like XP's.

Summary: SnapSuite 2009 looks better, the code is solid, and the few things that don't work are being thrown out.

texaslady:
Hello Brandon
Have just used your smart suites.

it has not solved my problem.
my problem stems from: 

went to control panel to change from sounds to text as I am deaf and cannot hear them.

what happened next was and is weird.  My print is extra large, the icon that lets you change back to what you were is gone, and when i power up the computer i get the "ACTIVE DESKTOP REMOVER".  howerver it wont even remove itself, even after going through all the steps  that was suggested.  even at start up pressing f2 or f12 does not take me to the very beginnin in order to reboot the whole system.  Even tried a system restore and its says there is no point to restore to.  oh yes = most of the menus and choices are black and cant read them.

so as you can see I have more than one problem and don't know  how to fix any of them.     
Can you help?

Please?  Texas Lady :stars:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version