ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (104/112) > >>

Veign:
Couple things:
- Remove spaces from all filenames used in a website (downloads, pages, images).  Spaces have to be encoded (notice the %20) and cause nothing but problems
- Provide screenshots for your applications as most people won't download blindly

wreckedcarzz:
I know about the spaces, but when the files are on my PC I just tend to put spaces in them and I forget when I upload. I'll be sure to fix it though :Thmbsup:

Ah - didn't even think about screenshots! :wallbash: I'll add those ASAP as well!

wreckedcarzz:
I have yet to address either web problem, but I will do so. School has kept me busy, so I am doing some finalization on SnapSuite 2009 today and will get to the web stuff afterwards.

Details on SnapSuite 2009:
SnapSuite 2009 has been completed and I am doing final debugging and code cleanup. The code behind it is much much much better than 2008's version, however it still lacks a really good layout. You can navigate it somewhat easily, but it is a bit cluttered. I'll try to resolve this, but it isn't anything that anyone will notice during normal usage (only if you get the project/code).

Changes:

* I have integrated Notes 2.1
* PlayMe "Add Song" "Remove Song" and Song List have been removed. They were problematic and did not work properly.
* SystemCare top menu bar has been removed. It was never used.
* Small changes done to ensure that everything functions properly
* I did NOT update SmartBrowse, as it is not ready yet. I am having trouble with a couple things, and I havn't had time to look into fixing them. Please bear with me! :) (This may change before final release, in a couple weeks - I am testing it on 2 Vista SP1 PCs and 2 XP SP3 PCs extensively).
To-do list:

* Finish code cleanup
* Compile, install, and debug as an "end user"
* Redo EULA
Any feedback on SnapSuite 09- anything at all- should be made known now. I take no feedback as good feedback (no news is good news), so if you don't like something or something doesn't work, please speak up! :)

For the curious: Yes, SnapSuite 2010 will start development soon. It will hopefully have many more features, and WILL HAVE A CONSISTENT GUI. Yes, my GUI layouts are crap most of the time. Admitting your problem is the first step :P. FloorIt integration is also planned, and as I said before, I am working on a new drawing program. Time will tell, but 2010 won't be out until LATE 2009. I am taking more time and getting more feedback (as you may have noticed with this release), and I am trying to make everything work like it should.

Expect some type of weekly update from now on, as school is sure to keep me busy, and I am not stopping my coding either, so I won't post every couple days like I used to.

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz:
Figured I should mention that I fixed both web problems (no screenshots and bad URLs). This does break functionality in older programs that I no longer work on (support), so if you are using an older app of mine be sure to check for an update (http://wreckedcarzz.wikidot.com/downloads).

I cleaned up the FTP server and am not using it for a website for the time being. It is just a home page, the update page for SS09, and all downloads. No links on the home page work (except the one for DC) so don't forget if you go over there (I changed the home page to explain this, but some people don't bother reading :-\).

I only uploaded screenshots for SS09, SS08, Maze Craze 2.4 and FloorIt (because, with the exception of SS08, these are the only programs currently available and supported).

Oh, and if you point your browser over to http://wreckedcarzz.wikidot.com/, there is a nice little preview of the upcoming successor to Crayons n Markers (previously KidDraw) ;) It is actually coming out quite nicely, there are a few things I want to correct and whatnot, and a lot of things to be added, but right now it is a nice little Paint replacement.

Veign:
Oh, and if you point your browser over to http://wreckedcarzz.wikidot.com/, there is a nice little preview of the upcoming successor to Crayons n Markers (previously KidDraw) ;) It is actually coming out quite nicely, there are a few things I want to correct and whatnot, and a lot of things to be added, but right now it is a nice little Paint replacement.
-wreckedcarzz (August 18, 2008, 07:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Check the link above...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version