ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (100/112) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
Kind of odd, but I see why he posted it here. Definitely start a new thread, it will get more attention than this thread for what you are offering.
</offtopic>

I have made small buttons in my signature for a few reasons:

* Easier to see a "button" than text
* The smaller icons help bandwith limited users (no more huge 300x150 thing for Maze Craze)
* They look cleaner and more professional
* Both accent the other (same layout, different colors/logos)
I am pretty much done working on SS 09, I am just working on the Maze Craze levels now so I can add MC into SS. GoOS is coming along nicely, and if I can get the printing functions working in Notes 2.0 that will be added to both GOS and SS.

Bugs. Bad in every form. :P

Also, once again, I am really surprised at the number of downloads for SS. Seriously. This started as a project to automate computer maintenance by opening programs, hitting Tab/enter/click, and repeating. Programs had to be pre-installed to default directories and users had to pre-set options before running the program. No GUI, and if something went wrong you had to hurry and "help" the program before it clicked/selected the wrong item. Now look... I am starting to not believe it. Every person that downloads gives me more encouragement to keep working :-* :-* :-*

I love programming :)

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz:
Alright, Notes 2.1 is _ALMOST_ complete!

Printing now works! You have no clue how hard it is to print something. It took me 28 lines of code! Think about that next time you hit Control+P!

Anyways, Notes just needs one or two more almost-invisible tweaks, and it will be ready to rock. I will merge it into SnapSuite and release it with Alpha 3.

I am also working on Crayons N Markers, and GoOS. Once GoOS is complete (it will likely be a year or so, I want it to be really nice before I go putting it on display) all the programs will have their latest version and about half of them will be renamed (this naming scheme I have is lame IMO).

Anyways, alpha 3 will be here soon. At least if everything goes to plan. School in 12 days!

-Brandon

P.S.: I must give credit to HamRadio for making the new Notes icon (it changed since the screenshot). :)

Loki15:
A little update.. I'm stepping back from the web browser as of now, I'm NOT abandoning it.  I'm gonna begin learning some more VB before I attempt it.  I hope for the new version to have a lot of awesome and unique features.  I'm setting the release date as of now to early '09.  I will make sure the release is complete.  After that updates will frequent every month or so.  Thanks. Walt

(Sorry if this seems off topic, since Brandon posted a picture here I figured this would be the proper place to announce it.)

wreckedcarzz:
OK, I am going to probably confuse everyone that has been following this topic (assuming you aren't lost already)

I am attempting to make all of my programs as simple and, quoting my dad, "user stupid" as possible. Ease of use is of topmost importance in my opinion. Constantly taking feedback from family and friends helps me out a lot, and I ask frequently for opinions and thoughts.

Just to give you a perspective...

* SS 2008 "NANY" was coded with a tabbed interface in AHK. Not bad, it was lightweight and didn't need any framework. It lacked features from its successors, but it was an amazing feat (being recoded something like 8 times from scratch, and the final GUI was tweaked like 126 times)
* SS 2008 was coded with a similar tabbed interface in VB 2008. The GUI was horrible, inconsistent and badly designed overall. The code behind everything was iffy at best (but hey, for a first VB project it wasn't that bad). I somewhat regret the poor quality of the program as a whole, but it got the job done and I proved that I could make a complete program in a new language.
* SS 2009 is coded with a multi-window interface in VB 2008. The GUI is much improved, but the programs use an unusual "bar" instead of a menu. They lack common options, and the names of the "programs" are strange and confusing. New users have some difficulty navigating at first. Feature requests are abundant, and I have neither the time nor knowledge to fulfill them all.
I am working on several projects, as I have posted about before (new PlayMe and Notes), to help make the programs less confusing and better. This time I think I have a solid update for SystemCare. It incorporates the options that you had in SnapSuite 2008 (assuming you could find the options), with the improved GUI of SS 2009, with multithreading to keep everything nice and responsive. And the code is setup in a way that events are "following" one another, not based on "type" (as done with SS 2008 and much of 2009 (being fixed in 2009 though). That helps debugging speed and makes it easier.

I am testing everything out and it seems to work great. I think I have this multiple threads thing down pretty good. The program "protects" the user from clicking multiple buttons (saving them from potentially disastrous results) and it keeps the user notified constantly along the way (and users with slower PCs will like the fact that when it is preparing to start its actual work, it lets them know what it is doing; most users will not see this, unless you throttle the CPU usage to like 1% or something, but it is there).

Attached is a screenshot - I really do want someone to comment on it, negative or not - if it looks like crap, tell me! Better to let me know that you don't like it than to use it and hate it (or don't use it because you don't like it).

Anyways, this new version is called "FloorIt", and I found it quite amusing that I had a truck icon to go with it (as in, your computer is the slow truck and all the sudden you smash the gas and your PC is "flying"). :) And the broom icon is from WikiPedia, if I read correctly it can be used and redistributed without any objections or whatnot (correct me if I am wrong).

P.S.: School in 7 days!
-Brandon

Loki15:
I like it!  :)  It truly seems "user stupid".  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version