ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (98/112) > >>

Curt:
A clock has been added to the right of the status bar (similar to the Firefox addon FoxClocks) - it just displays the current local time (12 hour format)-wreckedcarzz (July 17, 2008, 04:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

I would say your intentions are to go the international way with this program - I mean, your testers and readers are scattered all over the world, aren't they? Allow me to make a guess and say that more than 80 percent of the world don't know for sure the difference between AM and PM, because we use the 24 hours' format. And the very meaning of this status bar clock showing local time, must be to help me understand if the other guy is on his way to school, supper or bed, or whatever - isn't it? It is of course not showing MY local time, one inch from my clock?! Meaning AM/PM is just about the only format that is not the best solution, if the user is not certain how to read AM/PM. I for one am not. Could you make it possible to have option for one or the other, please?

wreckedcarzz:
Curt, I do realize that most of the world uses the 24 hour "military time" (as we call it here in the US) and I changed this for my personal use. I will change this back to 24 hours before I release the update. It is just easier for me to read 12 hours instead of 24. :)

And I will try to work on adding additional clocks - not sure how, but I can probably find a way... :read:

EDIT: Also, I have begun working on SnapSystem again (and I have renamed it, I am tired of this, frankly, lame naming scheme I have)!
Now called GOS (GoOS - sue me away Google, I picked the name before I caught on that it could also mean GoogleOS, so bite me :P)

It is essentially SnapSuite, but as a desktop shell helper. It is not a replacement, as the Start Menu and Taskbar remain (so you don't have to give up any functionality). It includes all the SnapSuite applications, as well as a simpler interface for settings, and a Mac-like top menu (as seen in previous releases).

Aimed at the less computer savvy, I am trying to incorporate all the normal things that you would use in Windows, but in simpler form. Not a lot has changed since the last time I uploaded a screenshot a few months ago, but there has been a large code cleanup (I didn't make "sandbox" test versions, so there was broken things everywhere). This version includes a "true" desktop settings panel, an Internet Connection checker, Crayons N Markers and Notes. Far from complete, but enough to be usable.

Image (too large for forum width): http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/4176/goosol3.png

tomos:
seems to be going in an interesting direction Brandon
You'll be making a shell/explorer replacement next :)

wreckedcarzz:
Maybe. I will have to learn a lot more, but it is a possibility. I am now trying to learn C# (more advanced than Visual Basic) in order to make things a bit easier and possibly add more features that VB simply cannot support. Time will be the key, unfortunately, but I really do love programming things and learning how things work, so I won't be stopping anytime soon!

Thanks for the support as well, everyone! :)

wreckedcarzz:
Alright, I went away for 3 days to my grandmothers house with my sister. All in all it wasn't bad. I played some GRAW2 and got some programming done.

About the programming: I was messing with VB and was able to make a multi-threaded application within 6 minutes (as in, ready to run, but all details not done - usable, but not *complete*. That time counts the time the designer took to setup the initial application/IDE, coding, debugging and naming all the controls. I was quite happy with that, and decided to work a bit on just a random bit of stuff.

I ended up with a new version of Notes. Sounds boring right? I have made like 10 different updates to it. Why another?

It has a bunch of new, really cool stuff - I was going to list 10 things here showing the improvements... but there is a major problem with it and I need to go and debug it. However, it should be a relatively simple fix - if my theory is correct - and I will have a screenshot and list of changes up here soon (editing this post).

EDIT: See below post for information, I think it will be easier to see one post all about it rather than one with mixed info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version