ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (95/112) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
Alright, hopefully I have some old players excited - I am enjoying re-making the game myself, however difficult it may be at times to get things just right.

Changes thus far:

* There is a new control system, it isn't really explainable - you just move a bit faster and take off quicker than you would expect
* No friction yet (part of the reason for the above)
* Reduced gravity (Man-on-the-moon feel)
* All new textures
* Simple main menu
* Quick loading time
* New animations and effects!!!
Here are two preview screenshots, the first level will be slightly more complex (5-10 more wall blocks to go around) come next post. I have made all the objects/graphics myself in Photoshop CS3, so opinions are completely welcome! For those of you familiar with PS, I used drop shadows selectively on the Main Menu items but not in the gameplay itself, however I am a heavy Bevel/Emboss user. For those of you that just said "Huh?", that means that there are shadows on menu items, but the game items appear 3D. (I REALLY need to fix that ugly Finish flag... it is horrible...)

Also - I was able to count at least 7 places where you could get people to use the same PC to VS each other, dunno how 7 people would be comfort-wise but I figured I would point it out (if it can be done then I usually end up doing it just to say I did it :P).

I have a working model right now but it only has the one single player level seen below - I want to add a level or two more before I release little "building block" versions.

Enough talk, more screenshots!
-Brandon

EDIT: Oh yea, for all you cheaters on 2.4 - there is no more "Stop" option for the ball. Muhahahahahaha... :lol:
EDIT 2: Also, there is no health and a better anti-cheat system. Now, if you leave the room area, it places you back at the point you spawned at, but does NOT restart the whole level (so enemies and other items continue as-is).

wreckedcarzz:
Alright, I have been working on Maze Craze for about half the day and have most of the events done, so it is mainly level-making time. The first levels are small, but the higher ones will be higher in resolution (but with a limited viewing area, so watch out for enemies and mines!!).

I have added several features onto the game based on things I personally think would go well, and would be nice if other games found some way to do the same.

In-game menubar:
The bar, not seen in the screenshots above, allows you to Load, Save, Restart (current level), or Close the game with a single click. Saves are confirmed with a message for peace of mind :Thmbsup:
(NOTE: There is a bug in the loading system - a fault with Game Maker, not Maze Craze - where if you load a saved game from a previous version, the background and other level options may change back to those of a previous version)

High scores:
After every level, you are presented with a prompt to enter your name into the highscore box (provided you are one of the top 10). It serves as a confirmation that you completed the level, and might make a little competition among people...

Explosion/other effects:
This one is the "OOooohh.." factor. Provided you are on a fast enough PC, you will see nice smooth effects when you detonate a minefield (or slam into one). I am also trying to make fireworks for every level completed (WIP).

All 3 are shown below, and I have uploaded a version to the Maze Craze server BUT it is outdated now and I am not going to provide a link (if you get the link via trial and error, enjoy - no looking through my FTP though mouser! ;D). I really want to show everyone how it runs but I want the first test upload to be a semi-long enjoyable game, not a "wow I beat that in like 60 seconds, *yawn*" kind of thing.

Anyways, here are the pics!
-Brandon

wreckedcarzz:
Speaking of SnapSuite 2009, I have not left that behind in the dust from that mine I slammed into... I mean, wha? ;D

I was attempting to update my personal "SuperStart" PC program starting controller (made in AHK), when I gave it a shot in VB '08. I have yet to complete it but I was fiddling around with the options and I forgot to enable something for SnapSuite 2009 that any programmer here should slap me for.

SpoilerOption Strict: OFF

I went "Ahhh!" and flipped it on - errors everywhere! (I expected 5 or so, but got ~20) After fixing them, the program seems just a tad "zippier". Also, the Immediate Window no longer floods with items.

If you don't know what that means, basically the development tool forces me to correct issues that may make the program "think" and "do" things other than what it is supposed to "do". This keeps everything all simple for the program, the development program, the compiler ("code-to-EXE"), and myself.

Now go forth and yell at me! :P

(New SnapSuite update soon, I promise :))

EDIT: If you are attempting to use any of my older software and cannot download it, please visit the main website and download it from there (http://mazecraze.dcisv.com/). I am changing both the FTP folder tree setup and the website itself, as to help make the website easier to work with. Thanks!

wreckedcarzz:
Falling backwards, I have begun to lag behind on working on just about everything while making a dual boot Vista/Xubuntu system (for the third time, and I am sticking to it this time - I swear ;D)

I have 5 levels almost complete on Maze Craze, SnapSuite has some minor upgrades but I am having issues with some new additions so that has been put off. That, and some funky stuff on the FTP is keeping me from uploading anything (if I had anything to upload). So its a pause for a bit.

I will have something soon, though!

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz:
SiteAdvisor flags SnapSuite 2008 as trojan! - RANT/LONG STORY AHEAD

Alright, I was sending a PM to mouser about the FTP acting up again- I closed down Core FTP and tried again to get Dreamweaver to upload the home page for the MazeCraze site - and it worked. I got mad because at this point I have a PM that I spent 15 minutes working on and it is pointless now. But oh well, that's life.

Continuing on, I was checking the home page to make sure the changes were there - and I noticed that SiteAdvisor was RED. "Red?!?! Why???" were the words going through my mind. As far as I know I am the only user of *.dcisv.com...

Apparantly, SnapSuite 2008 2.4 is a "trojan". OOOOhhhh!! THAT'S WHY! At this point I am steaming mad, because it completely insults me when someone calls me a virus writer or says something I make is spyware/etc. FYI: I did look into and attempt it a while back, but it is not satisfying at all, and is more of a pain than being productive and helping someone. All the code I made for those has been formatted over and destroyed, and no one has any copies of it.

About 45 seconds later, I posted a comment on the Dcisv.com SA page under the comments - and headed to send an email to the McAfee "team". I managed to make a somewhat logical email without too much anger; after about 5 re-writes, that is. Here it is:

SpoilerAt the domain http://dcisv.com/ there is a false positive trojan of "SnapSuite 2008 2.4 Stable (SnapSuite 2008.exe)"

I am the developer of this software and am both puzzled and somewhat insulted by this. My programs are clean of any "badware" and a large portion of that program is actually made to speed up computers and help remove such software. I would be happy to provide raw files (no installer) and/or source code (VB .NET 2008) if needed, in order to show that this is a clean file. My program installers are compiled with Inno Setup, and install only the program's required files, along with optional desktop and start menu shortcuts.

Please do note that the program includes several freeware third party programs to assist the application when performing maintenance operations on a computer. They are as folows: Steven Gould's "CleanUp!", IObit "Advanced WindowsCare V2 Personal" (portable edition), "JkDefrag", "NTREGOPT". All of the aforementioned programs are clean as well and I do have permission from the developers themselves to distribute the programs. The program also includes a compiled AutoHotkey script, programmed by me. I can supply the source code for that as well if needed.

Also, the program can be found at http://mazecraze.dcmembers.com/ - these files are identical. I own the subdomains "mazecraze.dcisv.com" and "mazecraze.dcmembers.com" - they are hosted via FTP. I do not own the servers they are hosted on, but can supply the information as to whom owns them if that data is needed as well.

Thank you,
-Brandon Seal

(Yes, blame me because I said I "own" the subdomains - but I didn't feel like explaining it all, so saying that is just easier and less confusing. I do sincerely thank Mouser for giving me web space (EDIT: and helping me with it!))

I fully intend on continuing to keep in "contact" with McAfee until this is resolved, including making some angry phone calls. This stuff gets me completely flaming ... mad.

Here is the link to the report... http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/dcisv.com/downloads/14327440/
(I will NEVER make any harmful software unless it is for PERSONAL use and it will NEVER be distributed to anyone)
If anyone would like raw files or source code to confirm this (VB .NET 2008) I am happy to send it to you. I felt obligated to make this post because I do not want anyone here at DC to doubt my programs, or more importantly, my word.

Thanks for reading my rant guys, I feel better now :)
-Brandon M. Seal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version