ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (91/112) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
Finally! ;D
Yes, I can now call SnapSuite '08 finished - final, done, completed. Woo hoo!

There are 3 known bugs (they can be seen at the MazeCraze/SnapSuite website) - but I cannot locate a fix for any of the 3 - and they are not usually noticeable/you have to tinker to find them. So with normal usage you might encounter one, but the other two are abnormal.

I removed the "Help" buttons, rearranged some labels, and fixed up some item naming and a tiny bit of code, (just in case I need to pull some for a future project, ahem). I also fixed 2 bugs, and I hope that the outline on KidDraw makes it easier to see just where your drawing "pad" ends.

All in all, I think it came out alright - its too confusing and is too reliant on text. But it works, and I can't find any major issues - or anything that would prevent anything from functioning correctly.

I will post it up to DcUpdater when I get time, probably this week (I say that a lot :-[, but I will try to remember it and set it up to work this week). I would attach a screenshot, but most of it looks near identical to previous screenshots (and the last update), so it is pretty much pointless.

-Brandon

EDIT: You can visit the MC/SS website by clicking here (saves you time from typing it in): http://mazecraze.dcisv.com/

wreckedcarzz:
Alright, it is up! I did a quick check and there shouldn't be any DcUpdater issues like the last time, so everything should go smoothly.

This is the *final* '08 version, unless some major issue arises and I have to fix it. It is "3.0 Final".

If you have an older version WITH DcUpdater support, fire up DcUpdater and let it do its thing.

If you have an older version WITHOUT DcUpdater support OR you need a new copy, click the link here and install a fresh copy.
http://mazecraze.dcisv.com/SnapSuite 2008.exe

Assuming all goes well, onward to other small projects and SS 09! :)

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz:
Some cool news, not overly interesting but whatever :P

Using AutoHotkey, I was able to *FINALLY* figure out how the heck to detect if, and WHERE, a program is installed. This means that I will probobally end up taking a step backwards and using AHK again for the "Starter" sub-app in SS. But this time it will work as originally intended - look for a list of programs, if it finds it in the registry it will add a button to the GUI to launch it. Otherwise, one less button for you. :)

Currently it is detecting Firefox 2.0.0.13 and 3.0 RC 2. I am going to install Opera and a few other apps later and see if I can't get those working as well. 3 cheers for the Windows Registry (:o the registry is useful for once!). ;D

Veign:
You should be able to do this relatively easy in VB.NET.  I used to do this in Classic VB all the time - detect the installations of various applications.  Depending on the Application you are either looking for specific registry keys or attempting to instantiate an API object for the application and detecting if it gets created or fails (like for Office Apps).

wreckedcarzz:
TBH I looked over the net and through my VB '05 book and it all looked confusing to me... I might make some dummy project and give it a go, however. :-\

In this case it seems I am able to scan out the keys for the programs individually, but I only have half a dozen right now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version