ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (111/112) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
Marking page 23 of this topic, here is the fully working Gecko update. (Not to sound like a download, just news)

Changes:

Fixed loading progress text bug
Added new options
Fixed focus not going to address bar
TONS of code updates
Code organization
Gecko 1.9 takes IE's place as rendering engine

Gecko 1.9 now brings:
More security
Faster loading times
More stability
Possible ability to run on non-Windows machines (with .NET hack)?
Small context menu

There was more changed, but thats off the top of my head. For right now, it is actually really usable. The only downside of going from IE to Gecko is that you need to have the Firefox flash plugin installed to view flash content (and that goes with all special content). Also, no idea how to enable firefox addon functionality, so don't expect that for a LONG time.

Lots more to add and lots of ideas, but so little time and knowledge to add them.

(I plan on putting a separate installer up for MB before SnapSuite 2009 is released, just for testing and to see what everyone thinks of it. Also, XtremeDraw has been dropped from SS09, as I lost the code on a dead hard drive :'().

As always, an image of the browser @ YouTube (showing that the flash plugin works). Click for full view (503kb) :)

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

wreckedcarzz:
BUMP!

Yea, I'm back. Its been a bit of a strange month, so not much going on. I decided to take yet another crack at an update to FloorIt, this time making it as good as I was able to with a minimal amount of time spent on it. I managed to get everything in this beta (see download below) complete within 180 minutes. I put past knowledge together with learned class lessons and ended up with a (IMO) very good outcome. It isn't the best code, but it is logical and isn't hard to follow (figure I might post it in the dev section to see what people think), and it uses system resources as well as I know how to make it at this point.

I crafted the GUI based off of Piriform's Defraggler (see comparison image here) and brought back Eusing as the registry cleaner.

Along with that, I am now using Smart Install Creator for (un)installing, and have a fully working update system (not included in this, because it is just a rough base of what the end result will be).

So enough chatter, if you want to see what you think about it, go ahead and download (don't forget to post back!) :)

-Brandon

Last minute addition for those whom download:
The red/orange/green colored balls indicate the status of FloorIt. A red ball indicates that it is idle, an orange ball indicates an error (that FloorIt has recovered from), and a green ball indicates that all systems are go and processing is underway.

All errors that are caught (no Windows error message) are shown below the computer/ball icons). While not very descriptive, they will help in case something does go wrong. Let me know if you get any [errors].

wreckedcarzz:
Walt asked me to make a small, hotkey controllable media player. It would sound like a trivial task, but it took me about 4 hours to get where I am now, so I figured it was post-worthy (just images at this point). It has hotkey control (obviously), ID3 v1 tag support (most MP3s have v1 and up), and I am working on it acting more like a library based app and less like a "Build-a-player", as have been my previous shots at WMP based media players (PlayMe, MediaControl, etc).

For fellow programmers (and the tech minded): it uses an array, and only one global variable to keep RAM usage to a minimum. The array may be pulled as well, if I can keep the code clean without it.

I plan on adding a couple different "themes" and some options, as well as a lot more functionality. But right now it works, it's my first app in VB with keyboard global shortcuts, and is the cleanest media player I have made to date (excluding one TINY one I made for a friend, but that wasn't a anything near a full media player).

Thoughts, opinions and all that good stuff is welcome :)
-Brandon

Loki15:
And for  anyone wondering.. This was my recommendation of how I think the GUI should look, this is made by me for anyone wondering.

Note : I can make GUI's on request.  Just let me know and I'll send it to Brandon and see what he can do. :)

wreckedcarzz:
Just an update:

I've been busy the last few weeks so I haven't done much at all... the GUI plan Walt posted above is underway at a standstill currently, but I will get it done ASAP eventually. I've done a bunch of programming on the side in a seemingly random fashion, so I am in the process of somehow cleaning up all these random bits and pieces and making something usable out of them, but that may take a while. So don't expect anything from me anytime soon (I might be able to cram for NANY, though).

But I am still here, just a bit overstressed and overworked :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version